Job Vacancies Union of Arab ICT Associations
Positionl: Director of Business Development – IJMA3
Location: USA, Washington
Closing Date: Monday, 06 June 2011
IJMA3-USA has been formed to further the educational, charitable and scientific goals of promoting democracy, fostering development efforts, and economic growth in impoverished regions, upgrading the capacity of civil society, and improving governance and citizen engagement in government throughout countries in the Middle East-North Africa (MENA) region. IJMA3-USA aims to achieve these goals through the provision and development of information and communication technology (ICT) in this region.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director of Business Development will be a key representative of IJMA3-USAs Washington, DC office, working to lead partnerships and programs between the US and Middle East region. S/he will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, writing and preparing funding proposals, exploring partnerships with like-minded organizations, and educating and advocating for the organizations interests.
* Track and monitor business development pipeline and projects:
Monitor and present business development opportunities advertised by USAID, Department of State, Department of Defense, foundations, and others that are in line with IJMA3-USAs overall strategic vision and growth strategy in the United States and the Middle East.
* Proposal development:
Serve in a lead or supporting role in the writing and assembling of proposals to be submitted for donor funding in response to identified opportunities. Ensure programs are based on sound design principles, including need assessments and baselines if needed.
* Representation and networking:
Liaise with appropriate members of the donor and project implementation communities to position IJMA3-USA as the go-to organization for ICT work in the Middle East. This includes, where appropriate, establishing links, joint activities, and strategic partnerships, with members of the ICT sector, universities, and other institutions in order to obtain support for IJMA3-USAs ICT and business development activities.
* Support CEO in oversight to IJMA3-USAs Washington, DC office: Support the CEO in providing oversight to IJMA3-USAs Washington, DC office; Ensure that programs operate at the highest quality and program budgets are managed in compliance with donor expectations. Create an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility and quality of services.
MA/S or equivalent in related field. Experience living and/or working in the Middle East At least ten years direct management experience, with demonstrated expertise in program growth. Demonstrated experience in developing and writing successfully-funded proposals and concept papers.Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs Written and spoken fluency in English is required Knowledge of Arabic is preferred, but not required
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system government business grants
- pligg content management system state board of
- pligg content management system sound of freedom
- pligg content management system business development jobs
- pligg content management system industry sectors
- pligg content management system state business grants
- pligg content management system business opportunity home based work
- pligg content management system home based business leads
- pligg content management system sound
- pligg content management system home based business opportunity work at