Job Vacancies UN Children’s Fund
Position: Education Strategy Documents Development Consultant
Location: United States of America ( The ), Home based
Closing Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Background and Justification:
The National Education Strategy for Iraq (NESI) is close to finalization, ready to be launched. Once finalized, NESI will provide a framework for development of sub-strategies in identified priority areas in the education sector where UNICEF is providing support, such as Early Childhood Development (ECD), Inclusive Education, and Positive Discipline, which are implemented under the overarching strategy of Child Friendly School (CFS) initiative.
While the Ministry of Education (MoE) is committed to take a lead in development of those sub-strategies, the work requires highly technical expertise to ensure quality of the strategy documents. This assignment aims at filling those capacity gaps for ensuring quality of strategy documents of abovementioned areas are meeting international standards.
Purpose of Assignment:
To provide Technical Guidance and backstopping support for development of the below documents:
Inclusive Education Strategy;
Early Childhood Development (ECD) Strategy;
Positive Discipline Guideline and;
Child Friendly School (CFS) Criteria and Standards (including PTA guideline)
Description of assignment: Under the supervision of Chief of Education, with support of UNICEF Education team: Provide technical guidance in the development of strategy / guideline/policy documents for the Ministry of Education in Iraq supported by UNICEF.
- Provide technical guidance to develop strategy / policy and guideline documents in the areas of ECD, Inclusive Education, Positive Discipline and CFS standards and criteria of UNICEF-supported education program; – Review draft strategy / policy / guideline documents and provide comments and recommendations to ensure the improved quality of the documents produced. – Edit final documents to ensure that table of content, acknowledgement, preface and citations are appropriately done.
1. Final document of Inclusive Education Strategy (in English) edited ensuring that table of content, acknowledgement, preface and citations are appropriate
2. Final document of Early Childhood Development (ECD) strategy (in English) edited ensuring that table of content, acknowledgement, preface and citations are appropriate
3. Positive Discipline Guideline (in English)
4. Child Friendly School criteria and standards (including PTA guideline)
Qualification and/or specialized knowledge/experience required for the assignment: The consultant should have experience working at national level policies and education sector planning and governance as well as senior management level experience in the UN system, preferably in the field of Education where joint technical support to national governments is provided by more than one UN agencies.
Advanced University degree in international development or related field
At least 10 years’ experience with Strategic Planning for the UN, especially in the Education Sector
More than 10 years of progressive work experience in the area of development-related research and analysis’s especially in the field of Education
Familiarity with UNICEF education program and UNICEF’s program planning.
Ability to work from remote location and coordinate through virtual technology
Familiarity with conditions of UN operations in Iraq a plus
Excellent analytical synthesis and written communication in English required
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit applications together with updated CV and P11 form, as well as the two most recent Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 July 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard discipline
- powered by SMF 2 0 state department
- powered by SMF technology and children
- Powered by Article Dashboard education
- powered by SMF discipline
- powered by SMF technology education
- powered by SMF technology jobs
- un early childhood development vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard washington state
- jobandcareer info