Job Vacancies Ubuntu Education Fund
Position Manager of the President’s Office
Location United States of America (The), New York
Closing Date: Friday, 13 May 2011
About the Organization:
In 1999, Jacob Lief and Malizole Banks Gwaxula founded Ubuntu Education Fund with the goal of transforming the lives of the children of Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Ignoring the traditional development models, they redefined the theory of going to scale: rather than expanding geographically, Ubuntu drew a seven-kilometer radius around a community of 400,000 people. Ubuntu created an integrated system of medical, health, educational, and social services that would ensure that a child who was either orphaned or vulnerable could, after several years, succeed in the worlds of higher education and employment. The organization, which started in the broom closet of an elementary school 12 years ago has now grown into an $8 million organization with fundraising offices in New York and London.
The Assistant to the President will be expected to perform a wide variety of tasks related to helping organize and maximize the Presidents time. The Assistant will be exposed to all workings of the organization and therefore must maintain a high level of confidentiality. S/he will assist with the Presidents day to day duties in South Africa, UK and US. Assistant must be able to initiate projects and anticipate the Presidents needs, as well as manage an extraordinarily hectic and complex schedule. In addition, S/he will be asked to perform tasks related to financial aspects of the organization as well as data analysis and reporting. The position will be based in New York City with possible travel to South Africa and the UK.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the Presidents calendar
- Scheduling appointments and meetings both internally and externally and ensuring all necessary agendas or documents required are prepared for each meeting
- Proactively seeking ways to maximize the Presidents time in each country
- Booking of travel and completion of expense reports
- Dissemination and communication of information to persons involved on various projects with within the organization
- Writing as well as drafting/editing a variety of public documents, including correspondence, cover letters, web material, reports, internal and external communications, research documents etc.
- Conducting Internet research and fact-finding, as directed by the President
- Assisting the President to prepare for meetings; anticipate and manage preparation needs given upcoming meetings and events
- Handling correspondence and communicate with staff, project partners, donors, and others; review incoming correspondence and prepare follow-up correspondences
- Assisting other members of the executive team with travel and other various administrative tasks as needed
- Scheduling and support Management Team meetings and projects, including taking minutes
- Providing administrative support for all matters relating to the Board of Directors, including scheduling of Board and Committee meetings, development, coordination and dissemination of materials and reports, correspondence between Board members and the President, possible minute taking at Board meetings.
- Providing administrative support for Executive Team in matters relating to meetings or projects initiated or overseen by the Executive office, including scheduling weekly Executive Team meetings; tracking and assisting in progress of special projects; facilitating communication between Executive Team and the Executive Director.
- Drafting of thank you notes and other donation and income responsibilities, including database updating
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2-3 years working for a high-level executive and/or in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills; attention to detail, and follow-through; strong research and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office, in particular, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent editing skills and experience taking meeting minutes
- Willing to maintain work hours/pace that match the Presidentâ€™s
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to identify and take charge of tasks all while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to take initiative on projects
Please submit cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to: Katie Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
please no phone calls.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www trigonrecruitment co za
- ubuntu education fund vacancies
- ubuntu educational fund vacancies
- trigonrecruitment co za
- ubuntu vacancies
- jobandcareer info job-vacancies-ubuntu-education-fund-april-2011
- jobandcareer info
- Powered by Article Dashboard ubuntu system requirements
- www trigonrecuitment co za
- Katie Murphy ubuntu