Job Vacancies The World Bank
Position: Program Assistant
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 June 2012
Background / General description
In support of the knowledge and learning agenda of the World Bank Group, the World Bank Institute (WBI) aims to support countries in achieving their development goals by acting as a catalyst for creating, sharing and applying cutting edge knowledge necessary for poverty reduction and economic and social development, and by stimulating the conditions for client countries to be able to utilize knowledge to achieve development goals. The Leadership Practice (WBILG) ultimately aims to build a global infrastructure to support “in-country” reform teams create and sustain multi-stakeholder coalitions to help facilitate and manage the complex process of implementing policy and institutional change. For this purpose, a number of results based management approaches, including in particular the Rapid Results (RR) methodology have been used to advance WBI development programs and projects as an approach to consistently help groups achieve real, tangible results with modest investment, develop capabilities to carry out further improvement, generate momentum toward larger-scale changes, and institutionalize structural changes with new ways of working to sustain results. Because of successful experiences in a number of pilot countries with RR, WBILG has decided to incorporate the RR approach as an integral part of its leadership programs, Greater Than leadership (GTL) and Leadership for Results (L4R). As part of this integration, WBILG will develop a robust RR coaching system to support the scaling up of its leadership programs. WBILG hence seeks an Program Assistant with prior and strong work experience in developing countries, who will support WBILG Manager and teams. Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year renewable term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities
Provide administrative and budget reporting support to WBLG practice, including:
- Provides comprehensive administrative support to Practice Manager, giving priority to handling his calendar and emails workflow.
- Ensures timely delivery and quality control of outputs for the manager’s signature.
- Coordinates and manages complex meeting agendas, solves scheduling issues and liaises with Senior Executive Assistant in WBIGI, and other PAs in WBIGI and WBI-wide.
- Make arrangements and coordinate meetings, workshops, courses, seminars, conferences and other major events for the teams, including handling logistical planning of video/teleconferences to ensure smooth running of meetings.
- Organize and prepare relevant background material for cluster deliverables and task assigned to Practice Manager.
- Monitor compliance and deliverables, and format and edit operations documents following institutional guidelines.
- Coordination of PLATO entries for Cluster team, along with Program Assistant working with programs.
- Based on information provided by the task managers (in Lotus Notes database), advise and give follow up to transactions for SAP in TP database to be processed by CAO TP assigned to WBIGI.
(i) Short Term Consultant/Short Term Temporary requisitions,
(ii) CONS Requisitions,
(iii) Standard Requisitions for Goods and Services,
(iv) Quick Purchase Orders,
(v) Service Entry Sheets; and
(vi) Miscellaneous Expense Reimbursements (MERR).
- Review completeness and reasonableness of transaction requests (for example, consultant fee rate).
- Close all commitments paid in full, based on information in SAP database and follow-up with task managers and in team work with cluster Program Assistant.
- Maintain the quality of transactions entered in SAP database by ensuring adherence to Bank and WBI policies and procedures
- Together with the other PAs in cluster, function as a “Center of Excellence” on event management and program support, including providing advice and guidance to staff on policies and procedures.
- Monitoring LARS/TRS for cluster/practice.
- P-Card coordinator for cluster.
- Ordering supplies.
- Adhoc reporting as requested by the TTLs and Practice Manager.
- Provide back-up support to Senior Executive Assistant when requested.
- Minimum education, High School Diploma.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience (internal) or seven years of relevant experience (external), with the proven ability to provide superior executive assistance in a busy office.
- Proven excellence in executive assistance, organizational, administrative, and time management skills, with a proven ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while working in a team-based environment, and operating as an effective team player.
- Judgment, diplomacy, and discretion in dealing with contacts at all levels, inside and outside the Bank, and in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proven experience and expert knowledge of the Bank Group’s organizational structure, and administrative, operational and human resources policies, processes and procedures and ability to communicate these to others would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant computer software, including advanced functions on Bank standard computer applications, and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems, as well as SAP would be an advantage.
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an extensive network of contacts at senior levels, both internally and externally, and demonstrated ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise and coach Administrative Client Support staff and address motivation, training, and development issues relevant to support staff.
- Proactive attitude, a self-starter, and team player; with a high degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility, and reliability.
COMPETENCIES Technology and systems knowledge
- Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems. Project and task management
- Able to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands. Demonstrates good organizational skills, can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal clients (e.g. manage manager’s calendar). Institutional policies, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedure s, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application. Versatility and adaptability
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives. Client Orientation (ACS) – Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex client related issues. Displays understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact to the client. Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS)
- Able to communicate in a constructive and professional manner. Can assist in the preparation of written materials in accordance with WB administrative guidelines and best practices. Able to contribute to unit’s knowledge sharing. Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS)
- Able to effectively and independently provide general research support. Demonstrates ability to access situation, and make sound judgment on action needed. Drive for Results
- Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so. Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard technology articles and executive assistants
- pligg content management system state bank
- Powered by Article Dashboard state bank
- pligg content management system when two cultures meet
- Powered by Article Dashboard adoc drug rehab programs
- pligg content management system drug rehabs
- pligg content management system sound card
- Powered by Article Dashboard procedural criminal law
- Powered by Article Dashboard applied science and engineering
- pligg content management system reduction