Job Vacancies The World Bank
Position Facility Development – Team Lead
Job Family Other
Location Washington, DC
Appointment International Hire
Closing Date: Tuesday, 14 June 2011
Language Requirements English [Essential]
Background / General description
The Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Group, GSDCR, within the General Services Department operates a team of experienced architectural, engineering, construction and facilities management experts who design and build all World Bank facilities worldwide. All Washington facilities, owned or leased, are also managed by GSDCR, along with select owned properties overseas.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Facility Development Team Lead has primary responsibility for supervising staff of the International Real Estate Division of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities. In addition, he/she will be responsible for managing the design and implementation of large, complex, high visibility facilities projects related to the construction and alteration of the Bank’s facilities overseas. This requires a high level of technical skills and managerial experience as a team leader. The position reports directly to the Manager of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities and is responsible for:
- Managing the international project team that designs and constructs large, complex, high visibility facilities projects up to $20 million.
- Determining priorities in order to manage multiple concurrent facility development projects from inception to completion and conducting review of business terms and conditions of lease proposals.
- Taking the lead role in mobilizing all resources needed to implement major projects. Managing quality control and formulation of project outline and specific project proposals for corporate funding approvals.
- Developing strategic long-term cost savings and investment programs, conducting cost-benefit analysis and developing financial business case proposals for country office projects.
- Setting negotiation objectives and tactics and providing negotiation advise and direction to the team and others within the organization as it relates to facilities development.
- Ensuring the successful selections of external design consultants, contractors and specialty consultants for projects, and the final completion and timely occupancy of projects in a cost effective manner.
- Overseeing and monitoring the Master Project budget and schedule, ensuring that appropriate corrective action is taken when needed.
• MA/MS in relevant field (e.g., Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, Business, Facilities/Construction Management) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in an architecture, engineering, real estate or facilities management firm, private or public sector setting.
• In-depth knowledge of and extensive experience in architecture and engineering as it relates to design concepts, building systems, building equipment, sustainability principals with special expertise in office buildings.
• High level project management skills required to handle large-scale, multi-faceted facilities projects.
• Strong team leadership skills with ability to successfully manage a team in the execution of major facility development projects; coaching, mentoring and developing more junior staff.
• Ability to oversee and coordinate the development of strategic building management business plans for new initiatives, including identification, evaluation, building, renovation and space allocation of new and existing country office facilities.
• Good understanding of general financial accounting principles/practices and budget processes and ability to manage and implement projects within budget and planned schedule.
• Ability to manage/organize concurrent activities and respond quickly to changing priorities to include activities with no precedent in Bank’s internal workings.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare logistical plans, oversee vendor performance and manage business processes to standards with maximum compliance.
• Knowledge and demonstrated ability to leverage technology and experience with business systems to produce financial and operational reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated client orientation, and ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Job # 110974
Incoming search terms for the article:
- family bank vacancies
- World Bank Vacancies
- pligg content management system supplier performance evaluation
- world bank facilities management
- pligg content management system condition monitoring
- Powered by Article Dashboard industry sector
- powered by phpBB architecture careers
- powered by phpBB architectural design
- Powered by Article Dashboard virtual cycling
- Powered by Article Dashboard specialty tools