Job Vacancies The World Bank
Job Title Resource Management Analyst (World bank Finance Associates Program)
Job Family Resource Management
Job # 110099
Location Washington, DC
Appointment Local Hire
Closing Date: Sunday, 20 February 2011
Language Requirements English [Essential]; Arabic [Desired]; Chinese [Desired]; French [Desired]; Portuguese [Desired]; Russian [Desired]; Spanish [Desired]
Background / General description
Note: In applying to the WFA program, you are indicating that you have read, understood and accepted the requirements, terms and conditions of the RM Fast Track Development Policy document including the requirements of qualifying as a Chartered Management Accountant with CIMA. Please copy and paste the link below into your browser to review the document. (Please note this document will be provided to external applicants if they are shortlisted.) (http://intresources.worldbank.org/SRM/Resources/CIMA_Training_Scheme_Policy_Doc_v16_01132011.pdf) Qualified individuals are invited to apply to the World Bank Finance Associates (WFA) Program aimed at creating world-class finance individuals that will function as business partners providing value-added decision support in financial planning and analysis. The WFA program is a three-year structured, professional development initiative that requires a combination of practical experience and individual learning. This program involves job placements (rotations) and a learning curriculum that prepares candidates to achieve the Chartered Management Accountant (CMA) designation (awarded by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – CIMA). The World Bank is a CIMA Quality Training Partner (QTP), an accreditation awarded to employers with demonstrated commitment to providing best practice support that enables candidates to progress through the CIMA examinations and satisfy CIMA’s practical experience requirements in the shortest possible time frame. The WFA program will be run out of the World Bank’s Washington DC offices. Internal staff and/or external recruits who are accepted to this program will be expected to re-locate (if applicable), to the Washington DC area. Over the duration of this program, WFAs will be thoroughly grounded in the technical disciplines of finance, accounting, and planning & budgeting coupled with the opportunity to hone soft skills such as communications, team-work and leadership. WFAs will be assigned increasingly challenging tasks, commensurate with their progress in examinations and experience. Please note that the roles and responsibilities outlined below are representative and not exhaustive. Emphasis on any particular grouping of duties is subject to unit-based needs where a WFA may be rotated. Additionally, CIMA’s Practical Experience Requirements will also factor into the specific types of activities that WFAs are asked to perform.
Duties and Accountabilities
Programming, Planning & Budgeting
• Support the development and implementation of improved planning and budgeting processes and systems;
• Contribute to the development of business planning guidelines at the corporate or business unit level;
• Assist in the coordination and integration of inputs in preparation of business plans, resource planning, external funds, and work programming;
• Ensure long-term expense plans linked to unit strategy and work program planning are adhered to; and • Provide information and analyses to Managers in support of planning and resource allocation decisions. Analysis, Reporting, Communication and Liaising
• Independently monitor and review work program and budgets against specific objectives and targets – identify issues and propose remedies to management;
• Report on budget utilization trends and forecasts, and recommend corrective action where necessary; • Compile and analyze performance data for management;
• Measure cost effectiveness performance and propose solutions to identified issues; and
• Develop improved reporting to meet management and Institutional requirements. Financial Control and Fiduciary Responsibilities
• Maintain internal controls to ensure that all financial and administrative transactions adhere to relevant guidelines and policies; and
• Support periodic reviews of the effectiveness of internal controls. CIMA Study Curriculum • Work with Line Managers and Mentors on a constant basis to ensure that CIMA’s Practical Experience Requirements are being met; and
• Prepare independently to sit for papers as per CIMA’s exam schedule.
In addition to the possible roles and responsibilities listed above, candidates must also display the following behavioral characteristics:
• Client-oriented and capable of diplomatically handling diverging client expectations.
• Results-driven and focused on sustainable and measurable outcomes.
• Collaborative, inclusive and an effective communicator (written and oral).
• Fast learner, willing and able to share knowledge across a wide spectrum of colleagues.
• Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills.
• Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
• Cognizant of what it takes to function effectively within multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix management environment. At least a bachelors degree (or equivalent) in accounting, finance, business, economics or commerce with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.6 or minimum second class honors (2.2) or equivalent;
• 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a finance or accounting capacity;
• Candidates must be fluent in English;
• Working knowledge of additional languages (i.e. Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, and Chinese) is desirable. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Incoming search terms for the article:
- sunday observer vacancies page
- sunday observer vacancies 2011
- sunday observer vacancies page 2011
- sunday observer vacancy page
- sunday observer vacancies page 17/07/2011
- sunday observer job vacancies 2011
- sunday observer bank vacancies
- sunday observer vacancies page 12 06 2011
- Resource Management Analyst (World bank Finance Associates Program)
- sunday observer 2011-01-23