Job Vacancies The World Bank
Position Senior Infrastructure Finance Specialist
Job Family Infrastructure
Location Washington, United States
Appointment International Hire
Closing Date: Thursday, 08 September 2011
Language Requirements English [Essential]; French [Essential]; Portuguese [Desired]; Spanish [Desired]
Background / General description
The Financial Solutions Unit of the Finance, Economics and Urban Development Department is responsible for developing innovative financial solutions in support of the Bank’s investment and development objectives especially in infrastructure. It is located in the Sustainable Development Vice Presidency as a specialized unit assisting Regional project teams to develop and structure financing packages across all the Bank’s countries of operations. Specifically, FEUFS is responsible for developing financing packages and financial structures (such as public-private arrangements using guarantees to mitigate political and credit risks) to attract private sector co-finance for investment and policy operations of the World Bank.
Duties and Accountabilities
Reporting to the Manager of the FEUFS Unit, the Senior Infrastructure Finance Specialist will form part of a dynamic team of finance specialists providing financial solutions and specific expertise in support of infrastructure investment across all sectors and regions of the Bank. He or she will be responsible for originating, developing, structuring and implementing transactions employing a range of Bank products designed to attract co-financing from the private sector at the best available terms and conditions for the benefit of World Bank clients – including using World Bank Partial Risk Guarantees (PRGs) and Partial Credit Guarantees (PCGs). Specific responsibilities and duties include:
• Work as specialist on specific transactions providing expert advice on project finance and credit structures, handling client relationship, project design, financial structuring and preparation and presentation of internal project documentation throughout the entire project cycle up to Board presentation and financial closure.
• Participate in marketing and origination efforts to generate new pipeline transactions for the Unit by engaging with internal and external clients in close coordination with Regional departments and Country Directors responsible for country programming.
• Assist in dissemination of product information and marketing of WBG capabilities in risk mitigation techniques and structures at international fora, internal meetings, external presentations, etc.
• Draft documents on infrastructure finance and financial solutions knowledge products including internal guidance notes, external publications, presentations etc.
• Assist in the coordination of and collaboration with other World Bank Group (WBG) units including Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency and the International Finance Corporation with the objective of promoting jointly supported projects and/or effective division of labor while marketing the full range of WBG products to the client.
• Assist in the implementation of projects in the portfolio including responding to credit defaults or other events or indications of stress in the project portfolio including a lead role in work-outs and renegotiations if required.
• Masters degree in finance, business, economics or other relevant discipline plus a minimum of 8 years of experience in infrastructure financing and investment with private sector or market-oriented financial institutions .
• Engineering or technical background or significant experience with infrastructure assets would be a plus.
• Demonstrated excellent project finance and financial structuring expertise with reference to a track record of transactions in support of long term infrastructure investment. Preferred areas of experience include transport (rail/ports/airports), power sector (especially renewable energy) and extractive industries.
• Working market knowledge/product knowledge of bonds, loans, letters of credit , swaps and currency hedges would be an advantage.
• Expertise in the structuring and issue of capital market related instruments would be an advantage.
• Experience of working in large and multi-disciplinary teams of specialists would be a plus.
• The candidate should demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of emerging market contexts and development objectives.
• Portuguese/Spanish language skills, in addition to French (required) is desirable.
• Good inter-personal and marketing skills, and effectiveness as a team player. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system california garden design
- pligg content management system discipline
- pligg content management system past performance review
- pligg content management system colorado state
- pligg content management system market street
- pligg content management system job performance appraisal
- pligg content management system california state board
- pligg content management system general dynamics jobs
- career in infrastructure financing
- pligg content management system event industry