Job Vacancies The World Bank
Position: Information Security Officer (ArcSight)
Job Family Information Management and Technology
Job # 110749
Location Washington, DC
Appointment Local Hire
Closing Date: Wednesday, 11 May 2011
Language Requirements English [Essential]
Background / General description
The World Bank Group (WBG) Office of Information Security (OIS) provides information security services to the WBG. OIS’ mission is to protect the WBG’s information assets in a manner that supports the WBG’s mission to free the world of poverty. The office develops strategy, standards and processes to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of WBG information assets in a manner that is commensurate with their value and risk. OIS maintains an information security program in a way that respects the rights and dignity of those it serves and addresses the needs of the WBG’s business units. OIS is responsible for managing security strategy, operations and compliance activities for the WBG’s five member institutions and protecting assets that total more than $628 billion of annual investments in poor and developing countries. In addition, OIS manages information security across remote sites in over 180 countries across the globe. The Office of Information Security is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill a position within the Event Information Management (EIM) Team. This team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the Event Information Management system across the entire WBG (World Bank Group). The WBG selected ArcSight as the software platform for this function and has been operating this infrastructure for approximately four years.
Duties and Accountabilities
The primary responsibilities of the Information Security Officer include, but are not limited to, a combination of the following:
• Establish a process framework and oversee the definition of processes and procedures in collaboration with stakeholders within OIS and across the enterprise, as required. Advise on the development, documentation, and maintenance of processes and procedures.
• Identify configuration and process gaps and recommend changes based on industry best practices and policies and standards.
• Monitor and ensure that the ArcSight Infrastructure is functioning properly including the investigation of technical issues. Perform upgrades on the ArcSight components including the managers, databases, connectors and various appliances. Test, develop and integrate ArcSight provided connectors and event actions into other WBG systems Advise on changes and their implementation to strive for continuous improvement.
• Facilitate and coordinate the development of ArcSight content for an executive level dashboard and deliver presentation of data summary and analytical evaluation via these dashboard reports.
• Provide expert technical support to the WBG ArcSight Clients. • Design and develop innovative methods of automatic event processing to satisfy compliance and operational requirements, and produce documentation on designs developed. Work with OIS Team Leads to document and formalize key OIS services, along with ensuring that service levels are maintained.
• Support the strategic planning process, including the integration with WBG and GSD strategies and plans, development of business cases, and the prioritization of requirements. Advise on short-term and long-term project planning efforts.
• Lead the evaluation of vendor products to meet information security requirements. Collect and define the requirements by interviewing key stakeholders. Plan and coordinate the implementation of these vendor products.
• Develop SLAs and negotiate and coordinate service delivery with customers, vendors, service support groups. Monitor performance and delivery of service support groups and vendor resources. Identify service support and vendor risks and issues. Establish plan to mitigate risks.
• Support OIS communications and marketing outreach efforts by collaborating with OIS leadership and GSD communications specialists to review and issue communiqués, memos, kiosk announcements, and other relevant information security information. • Support the development of management reports that summarize and highlight key information security issues and accomplishments generated by various components to include firewalls, switches, application software, databases and operating systems.
• MA/MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field and minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (Minimum requirement is BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field and 7 years of relevant years of experience).
• 10 years of Information Security experience is preferred.
• Proven experience in programming or scripting and code debugging.
• In-depth knowledge of at least one operating system (prefer Windows and/or Linux).
• Experience with process design and management.
• Prior experience with IT operations management, technology implementation, and application development and maintenance.
• Experience with vendor selection, contract negotiations, and third-party service provider management.
• Experience in the configuration and management of ArcSight Appliances and flex connectors as well as in the operation of a large ArcSight Event Management System. • Experience in the development of ArcSight content.
• In-depth knowledge of firewalling and networking devices.
• Ability to explore and investigate new products and solutions that meet operational improvement needs.
• Ability to present issues, trends and conclusions in a concise and clear manner.
• High degree of attention to detail and accuracy, as well as high ethical standards.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to lead work sessions.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the Bank’s Information Security policies and standards.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. Demonstrates a high level of motivation, confidence, integrity and responsibility.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills; including the ability to work independently, effectively in a team/task force as a team member or leader, and with senior staff and managers in the unit and elsewhere in the WBG. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system sound card
- pligg content management system system requirements for windows 95
- pligg content management system supplier performance evaluation
- pligg content management system best computer security specialist
- Powered by Article Dashboard information security
- pligg content management system funding for science
- pligg content management system job bank
- pligg content management system unit identification code lookup
- pligg content management system business management process
- pligg content management system business ethics articles