Job Vacancies The World Bank
Position E T Temporary ( The Multilateral Trusteeship and Innovative Financing (CFPMI))
Job Family Other
Job # 110725
Location Washington, DC
Appointment Local Hire
Closing Date: Thursday, 05 May 2011
Language Requirements English [Essential]
Background / General description
This is a one-year ETT position, renewable to a second year. The Multilateral Trusteeship and Innovative Financing (CFPMI) department is in the Concessional Finance and Global Partnerships Vice-Presidency (CFP), reporting to the CFP Vice President. CFP’s operational units include CFPMI, which is at the forefront of the Bank’s engagement in global funds and innovative financing initiatives; the Global Partnership and Trust Fund Operations Department, including teams for trust fund program management and administration as well as trust fund policy and partnerships; and the Resource Mobilization Department in charge of managing IDA’s operations and finances and its periodic replenishments. These Departments are complemented by a central finance and risk department. CFPMI was created in mid-2007 in response to the growing demand for Bank engagement in global funds and innovative multilateral financing initiatives. CFPMI has two main business lines:
(1) Management of financial intermediary funds (FIFs), for which CFPMI designs and provides end-to-end trustee, fiscal agency, financial and replenishment management services, and recording and monitoring of financial and accounting transactions using customized system applications. Long-established financial intermediary funds managed by CFPMI include the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the HIPC/Multilateral Debt Reduction Initiative (MDRI), and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; and
(2) Innovative financing, which involves advising on and managing the design, negotiation and implementation of highly tailored, individual solutions for specific development challenges. Newer initiatives include the International Finance Facility for Immunisation, the pilot Advance Market Commitment for pneumococcal vaccines, the Adaptation Fund under the Kyoto Protocol, the Climate Investment Funds, the Guyana Rainforest Investment Fund, the Haiti Reconstruction Fund and the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program. The cumulative value of contributions to FIFs managed by CFPMI is about $45 billion. In FY10, annual contributions (cash and net promissory notes) to FIFs were over US$ 6 billion and annual disbursements were US$ 5.1 billion in FY10. CFPMI seeks a highly motivated individual for the position of a program assistant – extended term temporary (ETT) to support specific CFPMI-administered FIFs /programs, and work closely with other staff, to contribute to the overall achievement of the unit’s work program.
Duties and Accountabilities
For the length of the contract, the ETT will:
• Participate in relevant team meeting to ensure a good understanding of the purpose and governance framework of the Fund(s) that the ETT will be working on.
• Support donor contribution management activities related to the execution, amendment and other issues related to donor agreements, and transfer agreements with Financial Intermediary Fund partner organizations.
• Participate in the invoicing process to donors for annual installment payments and quarterly encashment payments and cash transfers from the Bank to FIF partner organizations. Generate letters and schedules in STAR/SAP, review payment amounts, donor contact information and bank account details, ensure letters are distributed via e-mail and in hard copy well in advance of payment due dates.
• Support, review and process a variety of accounting transactions in an accurate and timely manner in STAR/SAP. • Prepare and assist in the production of month-end reports regarding donor payments and the status of trust fund accounts.
• Assist in the preparation of reports to Fund governing bodies, annual budget requests, and collect data from relevant databases and prepare system generated and/or customized reports for various stakeholders. • Assist in preparation of cash flow projections.
• Use word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
• Ensure that financial and transaction records and files are well organized, maintained and updated.
• Monitor the team e-mail account and keep all correspondence well organized. Respond to general inquires as appropriate, while forwarding more complex issues to relevant team members and ensuring responses are sent in a timely fashion.
- Applicants should demonstrate a high aptitude and proactivity to learn Bank policies, administrative/operational procedures, and business processes required to undertake diverse and complex work assignments, with only routine supervision. Familiarity with Bank policies and procedures would be an advantage.
- Applicants should demonstrate a high aptitude and proactivity to learn Bank standard software quickly in addition to common computer software. Knowledge of and proficiency in advanced functions of standard Bank technology packages would be an advantage. Ability to prepare presentation materials using various software packages with minimum guidance.
- Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area(s) of functional specialty Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources (Internet, etc.) and pulling them together in a usable format Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner. Ability to adjust to changing needs/demands and perform multiple tasks successfully under pressure and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve office support work and effectiveness of unit/team. Ability to solve problems, and to anticipate own needs and the needs of others in the work unit.
- Strong inter-personal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English, including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Minimum education:
High School Diploma or Equivalent; Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 7.
Knowledge of accounting and/or finance would be a strong advantage.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vacancies in Guyana
- pligg content management system state bank
- pligg content management system accounting
- pligg content management system general purpose of learning contract
- ett jobs 2011-2012
- ETT program assistant
- pligg content management system job description
- pligg content management system business development jobs
- pligg content management system career in computer career in education career in finance
- pligg content management system entertainment tonight