Job Vacancies The University of Texas at Austin (UT)
Position: Pre-doctoral Research Fellow
Closing Date: Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Austin
The Climate Change and African Political Stability (CCAPS) program will offer up to three pre-doctoral fellowships for the 2011-2012 academic year. The CCAPS pre-doctoral fellowship program aims to stimulate the development of the next generation of researchers and thought leaders on the topic of climate change and political stability in Africa.
Pre-doctoral fellows are encouraged to present their research within and outside the Center, collaborate on papers or projects with other fellows and faculty, participate in the research activities of CCAPS, attend and take an active role in CCAPS and Strauss Center seminars and conferences, and immerse themselves in the greater University community during their appointment.
Pre-doctoral fellowships are available to advanced PhD students, with preference given to those who have made substantial progress towards the completion of their dissertation. Pre-doctoral fellows are expected to work on — and ideally complete — their doctoral dissertations during the fellowship. CCAPS invites applications from all disciplines, including both the social and natural sciences, as they pertain to relevant topics to the CCAPS program. CCAPS encourages applications from women, minorities, and citizens of all countries.
How to apply
Each applicant should submit as one complete packet:
1. A completed application form (available online);
2. A 3 to 5 page double-spaced dissertation prospectus, including its relevance to the research interests of the CCAPS program;
3. Curriculum vitae;
4. A short writing sample pertinent to the application (No more than 20 pages);
5. Three sealed letters of recommendation (not emails) attesting to the applicant’s professional competence and progress on the dissertation;
6. A sealed graduate school transcript.
The applicant is responsible for collecting all materials, including letters of recommendation and transcripts and submitting them as one packet. All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted in English.
Please do not submit supplemental materials. Materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant. Emailed materials will not be accepted.
The application deadline for 2011-2012 fellowships is February 15, 2011. Applicants will be informed of decisions by March 15.
Send Application packets to:
CCAPS Pre-doctoral Fellowship Program
Climate Change and African Political Stability Program
Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law
The University of Texas at Austin
2315 Red River Street, PO Box Y
Austin, Texas 78712 USA
For more information, please visit our website: http://ccaps.robertstrausscenter.org/fellowship ; or contact the CCAPS program via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Code: RW_8C4SCB-56
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard texas attorney general employment
- pligg content management system texas free legal forms
- pligg content management system branches of natural science
- Powered by Article Dashboard austin texas attorney general
- Powered by Article Dashboard of texas attorney general
- Powered by Article Dashboard legal research and writing class austin tx
- pligg content management system disciplines of social sciences
- powered by phpBB texas attorney general office
- powered by phpBB texas attorney general employment
- pligg content management system texas attorney generals office