Job Vacancies The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)* is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis
Position: Director of Major Gifts
Closing Date: Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Boston
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI – formerly the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative) under the leadership of former President William Jefferson Clinton III has worked since 2002 to reduce the pricing of HIV/AIDS medicines and tests, and to work with governments around the world to further turn the tide on the disease by building the systems needed to deliver care and treatment.
In seven short years, President Clinton and the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative have made a substantial impact in the fight against HIV/AIDS. This includes seven breakthrough price reductions for drugs and diagnostics. Today, more than two million people living with HIV/AIDS are on lifesaving treatment using medicines purchased under CHAI agreements with manufacturers. This includes two out of every three children who are on HIV/AIDS treatment. CHAI’s greatest work is as a trusted partner to national governments whose efforts have made possible tremendous gains in HIV/AIDS services and public health.
In addition to programs focused on HIV/AIDS, CHAI has expanded in recent years to assist efforts to fight malaria, lowering the prices and improving access to malaria medicines. CHAI has also worked with a number of governments on improving the underlying systems needed to deliver comprehensive health care. Given CHAI’s expansion and growth, on December 10th, President Clinton announced that the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative will become the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). Since 1 January 2010, it became a separate non-profit organization under President Clinton’s leadership as chairman of the board of directors. This change recognizes the expanded role CHAI has played for some time in strengthening health systems broadly while still playing a leading role in HIV/AIDS.
The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for setting and driving the fundraising and development strategy to increase the organization’s funding base with high net worth individuals while promoting CHAI’s mission and programs. The main objective of this position is to procure funding for CHAI by identifying and deepening donor relationships through creative prospecting to develop a robust pipeline and major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors. The Director of Major Gifts will play a key role managing a Donor Advisory Board that will supplement the general Board for fundraising purposes, and also work with key volunteers. In addition, the Director of Major Gifts will create and maintain a development operational capacity to support the major gifts function. The Director of Major Gifts position will require significant travel.
* Develops fundraising strategies and oversees all aspects of the CHAI’s major gifts and individual fundraising programs.
* Conducts strategic planning for the long term funding goals of the organization and the creation of a yearly fundraising plan for high net worth individuals
* Oversees development personnel and operations as appropriate
* Build and expand a prospect pipeline through existing and new relationships
* Acts as relationship manager for key donors to guide cultivation and stewardship
* Takes lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts
* Plans and oversees initiatives, campaigns and events to solicit funding
* Creates, maintains and further develops CHAI’s major gift program
* Develop and/or manage creation of donor communications materials to support fundraising activities, including fact sheets, concept papers, presentations and proposals
* Manages and coordinates regional donor groups and works closely with Advisory Board
* Develops and oversees donor operations infrastructure to support major gifts fundraising
* Responsible for budget forecasts and financial reports relating to development activities from individual donors.
* Maintains relationships with donors with, as necessary and appropriate, the support of the executive management.
* Responsible for integrating the organization’s major gifts development plan with its outreach efforts.
* Coordinates with the Director of Communications on the creation of marketing materials in support of development mission.
* Must have a passion for the mission of the organization.
* Must have a proven fundraising record and major gift experience, including the ability to identify, cultivate, solicit and close 5-6 figure gifts.
* Must be comfortable presenting ideas, plans to board which includes President Clinton and other high level volunteers.
* Experience setting up and running Advisory Boards or Regional Councils a plus.
* Ability to create and deepen prospect pool from a non-affiliated constituent base.
* Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, best practices and procedures.
* The successful candidate needs excellent communication and writing skills.
* Must be organized and capable of working on numerous projects at once.
* Must be able to work independently as well as operate as part of a team on fundraising projects.
* Experience creating and maintaining an effective fundraising infrastructure and operations.
* Must be able to work with limited support staff, in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
How to apply
Please apply online at https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/1800/login
Reference Code: RW_8BFS7X-13
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Clinton Health access initiative tanzania
- clinton foundation tanzania jobs
- clinton foundation tanzania
- clinton health access initiative chai jobs
- CHAI VACANCIES
- Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Clinton Health Access Initiative in Tanzania
- Clinton Health Access Initiative board of directors
- clinton foundation tanzania vacancies
- chai clinton jobs