Job Vacancies Tetra Tech ARD
Position: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Specialist
Location: Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., United States of America
Closing Date: Friday, 01 July 2011
Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.ardinc.com), a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)Specialists on a one year USAID-funded Global Environmental Management Support Activity. This contract will promote improved environmental management and compliance across USAID activities in Washington and abroad. The contract will also result in greater knowledge and application of environmental management best practices among USAID staff, implementing partners, and local governments and beneficiaries. The contract will provide support for the development of local capacity in the fields of environmental impact assessment and environmentally sustainable design and management.
Position Description: The Environmental Impact Assessment Specialist may be asked to carry out activities such as:
* Supporting environmental assessment preparation, review, and monitoring and evaluation.
* Ensuring compliance with USAID 22 CFR 216 and relevant sections of the Foreign Assistance Act with regard to USAID activities.
* Assessing environmental and social impacts of planned or ongoing development activities (such as Foreign Assistance Act sections 117, 118, and 119).
* Advising on steps and actions to mitigate potential or existing negative impacts of development activities.
* The Incumbent must have demonstrated, extensive, practical experience with environmental impact assessments and with environmental issues in the developing world.
* Must have at least 10 years of progressively more responsible practical work experience, preferably including U.S. Government, international, and environmental or natural resource management in the developing world. Skills:
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Evidence of excellent skills in intercultural communications and ability to train host country counterparts.
* Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
* Masters or PhD degree in a related area
o U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Apply on line at https://careers.ardinc.com/ARDCareers/App/USPostingDetail.aspx?PostingId…
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process: * A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity * A current CV in reverse chronological format * A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: July 1, 2011
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard forensic science technicians
- Powered by Article Dashboard effects of science and technology
- Powered by Article Dashboard forensic science games
- Powered by Article Dashboard forensic science technician
- Powered by Article Dashboard diversities race and technology articles
- Powered by Article Dashboard effect of technology
- Powered by Article Dashboard environmental education science and technology
- Powered by Article Dashboard environment
- Powered by Article Dashboard forensic science careers
- Powered by Article Dashboard environmental impact statement