Job Vacancies TechnoServe
Position: Senior Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the)
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
TechnoServe is a rapidly growing, non-profit organization dedicated to the expansion of economic opportunity and income for the poor. Founded in 1968 and operating in over 25 developing countries, TechnoServe implements projects that enhance the competitiveness of agricultural and other industry “value chains” for the benefit of small-holder farmers and other market participants. A second main focus is the identification and development of high potential entrepreneurs for the expansion of their businesses and employment opportunity. TechnoServe employs a world-wide team of over 900 people, most of whom are business advisors, technical specialists and program managers based in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and India.
TechnoServe is undertaking a new initiative to review and revise the organization’s metrics, systems, tools and practices related to monitoring and evaluation and undertake the necessary change management to institutionalize the agreed approach both at the corporate and field levels. TechnoServe is beginning this work with a meaningful foundation, including a set of “Core Indicators” the organization has been collecting and using to measure impact for a number of years and a recently introduced Program Management Methodology. In addition, several programs within TechnoServe have specialist staff deployed in monitoring and evaluation, notably the Coffee Initiative and the East Africa Region. A senior consultant has been engaged to provide technical guidance and expertise from similar efforts in other organizations and the overall activity will be the prime deliverable of the Chief Operating Officer in 2011.
A skilled project manager is required to lead the overall change management process over the course of one year in which the “installation” is predicted to be complete. At that time, next steps, including staffing, further implementation, reinforcement activities and resources for continuous improvement will be considered and put in place.
II. PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Lead the process design, convening, facilitation, pace, documentation and follow up necessary to agree and bring about a substantial organizational change in effective program design, monitoring for project level impact, and roll-up to fully recognized and used metrics of success.
III. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Through desk research, key interviews and program visits, quickly absorb TechnoServe’s strategy and a summary understanding of its work and detailed understanding of current metrics of success and needs for improvement;
* Coordinate closely with M&E specialist personnel in the Coffee Initiative, in the East Africa region and other countries where significant progress has been made in program design/monitoring;
* Initiate and maintain relationships for exchange and benchmarking with external partners, funders, consultants, other NGOs and implementing agencies for good practices in monitoring and evaluation, especially in economic development;
* Participate with the Senior Management Team in the development of a results framework and metrics for the organization and country level policies, tools and practices;
* In partnership with the COO, undertake the development and communication of a roll-out/implementation plan for the organization;
* Facilitate the mobilization and operation of a committee of senior, regional and country level staff who will act as the leadership team designing and implementing the roll-out of a Results based management framework and associated tools, skill building, communication, training, manual development and other supportive mechanisms;
* Oversee the implementation of the plan in collaboration with the COO, ensuring the completion of allocated tasks, the quality of implementation, the communication on progress and problem solving where barriers to success exist;
* Support planning for sustainability of the initiative by developing a “Phase II” of the monitoring and evaluation function within TNS including strategy, functions to be performed and positions to be established for enhanced performance in M&E.
* 7-10 years of experience in program management in a business, management consulting or international development context;
* MBA, Master’s in International Affairs or related discipline;
* Experience with project evaluation, organizational results frameworks, balanced scorecard development and monitoring or other metric systems;
* Background in project management and/or major change management initiatives;
* Excellence in oral and written English;
* High level skills in group facilitation, documentation and regular communication with geographically-dispersed team members;
* Ability to perform under time pressure and work effectively as a leader and team member in fast-paced multi-cultural environment;
* Willingness and capacity to hold collaborators accountable for deliverables;
* Familiarity with spoken and written Spanish, while not essential, would be an additional asset;
* Ability to travel up to 25% of time internationally and domestically.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Works with: Task force on Results Based Management installation, Senior Management Team
Location: Washington, DC, with domestic and international travel estimated at 25%
How to apply
Please submit a resume, salary history and three professional references and the source by which you came to know about this employment opportunity to; email@example.com Please place the position title in the subject line. Resumes that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered. Please also list the method/source by which you learned of this opportunity in your cover letter. No phone calls please.
TechnoServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Reference Code: RW_89QPY6-39
Incoming search terms for the article:
- saps monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring and evaluation vacancies
- Get technoserve job vacancy
- technoserve job vacancies from july to september
- monitoring and evaluation career opportunite
- pligg content management system business plan coffee
- pligg content management system metric system for kids
- RESUME HTML Law Business Management Human Rights -sample -example
- pligg content management system agriculture communications
- Technoserve vacancy