Job Vacancies Save the Children – US
Position: Livelihoods Advisor for Asia
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Lead the development and growth of Save the Children US’s livelihood and food security portfolio with a primary geographic focus on Asia, and some support in Africa. Play a major role in developing, implementing, and representing the Livelihoods Department’s strategy for the region, identifying opportunities and developing proposals to increase food and economic security of Asian households. Improve the quality and impact of livelihoods programs by providing technical assistance and building capacity within Country Offices (COs) in implementing livelihoods programming. Coordinate with other technical and program departments and sector staff to develop integrated approaches to livelihoods programming, as appropriate. This position will play a key role in developing stronger linkages in the area of food security and livelihoods with Save the Children International (SCI)and between Save the Children (SC)members in Asia.
Job Vacancies Responsibilities
* Play a central role in developing the strategy to increase the economic security of families and children in Asia
* Collaborate with SCI and other SC members in Asia, promoting best practices and developing shared policy approaches where possible
* Represent SC US with key stakeholders via Asia regional offices of the USG and other NGOs, and with working groups and network organizations, particularly in the areas of financial services and HIV / AIDS and economic strengthening.
* Monitor and disseminate information on regional and global market trends which have an impact on food security , including project impacts of climate change .
* Contribute to the development, dissemination, and monitoring of program quality tools, including assessments, frameworks and M&E systems.
* Provide technical support to ongoing livelihoods and food security projects
* Provide technical assistance to country programs in developing food security and livelihood strategies
* Work with Regional Offices and the Livelihoods Department to build the capacity of local staff to identify, design and implement quality programs in the area of household economic security .
* Promote SCI’s priority program areas linking social protection, livelihoods, and DRR/CCA programming
* Define food security and livelihoods related priorities for private and public fundraising
* Provide technical support to develop high quality proposals
* Develop and sustain food security and livelihoods related relationships with donors (including private foundations), partners, academic institutions and technical personnel within donor agencies including OFDA, UN, USAID, Food for Peace, etc.
* Provide direction and support to the design, testing, and evaluation of innovations to advance food security and livelihoods programming
* Monitor developments in the field of food security and livelihoods, and identify new operational research opportunities
* Participate in the development of livelihoods related policy and advocacy positions and support their dissemination
* Serve as spokesperson for technical policy and advocacy issues both internally and externally Requirements
* Advanced degree in a relevant social science
* Minimum 10 years experience in food security and livelihoods
* Overseas experience preferably in Asia and/or Africa required.
* Advanced skills in developing and implementing value chain and/or microenterprise/microfinance/livelihoods programs in developing countries a plus.
* Innovative and visionary approach to household economic security programming
* Technical recognition beyond Save the Children
* Significant experience dealing with public and private donors
* Practical experience with concepts for agriculture and livelihoods programming
* Team leadership and training skills
* Experience with program assessment and design
* Proposal development experience, particularly with USAID
* Excellent writing and communication skills in English
* Solid writing, editing, and proposal writing experience
* Ability to travel and work independently, even in harsh environments
* Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and effectively work with multi-cultural teams
* Language skills a plus Employee Type Full-Time Regular
Go to www.savethechildren.org Careers is under “Who We Are”
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States . We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- scimail savethechildren org
- www scimail savethechildren org
- scimail@savethechildren org
- https://scimail savethechildren org
- scimail savethechildren
- Powered by Article Dashboard retirement system
- scimail save children org
- Powered by Article Dashboard public employees retirement system
- Powered by Article Dashboard texas retirement system
- sci@savethechildren org