Job Vacancies Save the Children
Position: Senior Advisor, Family Planning Community Based Services
Closing Date: Friday, 22 April 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington, DC
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. In 2010 we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. In order to achieve this, we are actively looking for talented, motivated individuals to join us in making a difference in the lives of children worldwide. Employment at Save the Children provides the opportunity to join a dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
We are now currently recruiting for a Senior Advisor for Family Planning (FP)/Reproductive Health (RH) Community Based Services to be responsible for supporting global family planning programs by: providing technical leadership to strengthen Community Based FP/RH service delivery; managing and implementing activities to strengthen FP community based service delivery; and utilizing evidence-based best practices to inform the scale up of FP community based interventions.
This position will be contingent upon receipt of the award funding.
Qualifed candidates must possess the following:
* Minimum least eight years of experience in implementing or managing community-based service delivery projects, including a three-five year developing country experience managing community-based service delivery projects
* Master’s Degree in public health, nursing, nurse midwifery, a clinical discipline, social sciences, or a related advanced degree.
* Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based FP/RH interventions to strengthen community-based FP/RH services.
* Experience with adolescent sexual reproductive health programs and gender mainstreaming is highly desirable
* Exposure to non-health programs that empower women and girls a plus
* Experience with integration of FP with MNCH, nutrition, and HIV/AIDS is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated leadership qualities, broad technical and management expertise and experience.
* Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
* Proficiency in a second language (French or Spanish) desirable.
* Willingness to travel
How to apply
Please visit our website at: www.savethechildren.org and specify position #5342 to apply directly on-line.
Reference Code: RW_8FGQ2C-48
Save the Children
2000 L St NW
Tel: (202) 640-6600
Incoming search terms for the article:
- ministry of gender vacancies 2011
- ministry of gender vacancies
- ministry of gender children and social development job vacancies 2011
- ethiojobs in midwifery
- ministry of gender jobs 2011
- ministry of gender children and social development job vacancies
- ministry of gender vacancies july 2011
- vacancies in the ministry of gender children and social development
- VACANCY IN THE MINISTRY CHILDREN AND GENDER
- job vacancy in save the children