Job Vacancies RTI International
Position: Vice President, Center for Stabilization and Governance
Location: United States of America
Closing Date: Friday, 19 August 2011
RTI International has been a leader in local governance for over 30 years, with sustained governance programs in almost 50 countries worldwide. We continue to expand our horizons to develop innovative approaches that respond to the challenges of rapidly changing situations and promote stability. As we continue to grow in this area we are seeking to fill the position of Vice President, Center for Stabilization and Governance. This position will report directly to RTI’s International’s Development Group’s Executive Vice President and will be based in RTI’s RTP, NC or Washington, DC Office. To find out more about the Governance Program go to http://www.rti.org/brochures/governance_flyer.pdf
About RTI International
RTI is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary technical services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park. The international development group has been an integral part of RTI since the late 1970s.
The Vice President will serve as Director for the Stabilization and Governance program in the International Development Group (IDG) of RTI International. In this role, the Vice President will be responsible for strategic planning, portfolio management, new business development, and general management of the Center.
The Vice President will serve on the IDG Senior Leadership Team, led by the Executive Vice President. In addition, the Vice President will serve as an advisor to IDG and RTI senior leadership in the areas of democratic governance, stabilization, transitional states, and post conflict settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and manage the strategic plan for the Center for Stabilization and Governance to include 5 year plan for growth, client and geographic diversification. Align strategic plan with overall IDG business unit plan and business development strategy.
* Oversee the Center for Stabilization and Governance’s project portfolio ensuring performance excellence and high levels of client and beneficiary satisfaction. Work with IDG’s Business Partners and Operations management to support and leverage portfolio for successful implementation.
* Oversee proposal development for new business acquisition for the Center for Stabilization and Governance. Ensure business development and proposal activities align with strategic plan and market opportunities for growth, client response and impact of RTI’s mission. Implement and maintain standards and performance to business and proposal development metrics.
* Provide day to day general management and oversight of the Center for Stabilization and Governance to include managing personnel, finances, intellectual capital, and other general management activities.
* Serve as advisor to IDG and RTI Senior Leadership in the area of Stabilization, Transitional States, and Democratic Governance. Influence debates in the international development field both internal and external to RTI in the area of Stabilization and Governance consistent with the RTI and IDG strategy. Liaise with other industry leaders on trends and issues as they arise that are pertinent to RTI’s lines of business.
* Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with other development assistance organizations and donor implementing partners.
* International travel for representation, business development and technical project work is an essential requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Minimum of master’s degree in Public Administration, international development or other related field with 15+ years of progressively senior experience in international development.
* Extensive experience in the USAID market as well as proven management and leadership experience. Demonstrated international leadership.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, writing and public speaking skills. Ability to present and communicate at multiple levels in the organization and externally.
* Ability to lead, inspire and mentor staff; delegate effectively and develop leadership skills of others within the organization.
* In-depth understanding of institutional politics and the ability to function within them.
* Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking and problem solving skills. Willingness to engage and debate on critical issues.
* Ability to work in small and large teams as well as perform organizational lines. Ability to work in matrix environment.
* Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant. Experience working overseas or extensive international travel strongly preferred. Engender respect in clients and beneficiaries of RTI’s adherence to a strong Code of Conduct.
* Thorough understanding of the contribution of effective democratic governance to long-term, sustainable development.
* Ability to engage in dialogue with and work within a multi-agency U.S. government environment, including USAID, Department of State, National Security Council and Department of Defense, among others.
* Proficiency in one relevant language relevant to international development, other than English
We offer a competitive benefits package: Health, Vision, Dental, and Retirement Plan. Come work for a company whose primary vision is to improve the lives of people throughout the world. To be considered for this position apply online at www.rti.org/job13537
RTI International is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system state park
- www rti org/idg
- pligg content management system state parks
- pligg content management system state board of
- pligg content management system american general life companies
- pligg content management system vise
- pligg content management system business development jobs
- pligg content management system branches of government
- pligg content management system master of science degree
- pligg content management system conducting a science experiment