Job Vacancies Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Position: Director, Asia Integrated Health Programs
Closing Date: Friday, 07 January 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – RTP, NC
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
RTI International is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Director, Asia Integrated Health Programs. The successful candidate will be a key senior leader in RTI’s fast-growing Center for International Health (CIH). The Center implements broad-based programs in HIV, malaria and vector control, neglected tropical diseases, nutrition, health systems and finance, health policy and research, health governance and public-private partnerships. The CIH recently established a regional department to organize and oversee its expanding programs and initiatives in Asia. The portfolio includes bilateral projects, centrally-funded country work, and a major regional initiative in HIV. The Center is seeking a senior health professional who has the strategic and technical vision and in-depth experience to lead current Asia health programs and expand RTI’s institutional presence in Asia. This position will report to the Vice President for the Center for International Health and will be based at RTI’s campus in Research Triangle Park, N.C. The position offers excellent opportunities for professional growth and long-term advancement at RTI International.
* As Director of the Asia Integrated Health Program Area, is responsible for all aspects of CIH’s Asia health portfolio including management, technical development, program implementation, personnel, as well as budgetary and financial oversight.
* Provide strategic leadership and technical direction for all aspects of RTI’s work in Asia including activities in HIV, malaria, neglected tropical diseases, and health services including reproductive health and maternal child health as well as health systems strengthening. There will be a strong emphasis on managing RTI’s Asia Regional MARPS Initiative which is focused on strengthening policies and programs for most at risk populations and people with HIV.
* Supervise, support and mentor CIH managers in the U.S. and in Asia who are implementing the Asia health portfolio. This includes oversight of CIH’s newly- established Bangkok office and the staff assigned to that office.
* Provide overall direction for budget and financial management and work closely with RTI business partners to ensure efficient implementation of global and country projects and initiatives.
* Work with Asia staff and other CIH senior staff to analyze opportunities for program expansion and lead business development strategies and initiatives. With RTI colleagues, consultants and partners, develop proposals as opportunities present themselves.
* Provide overall direction to managers in recruiting and hiring top notch professionals and consultants to staff RTI global, regional and country projects operating in Asia and to respond to business opportunities.
* Build relationships and promote partnerships with RTI’s strategic partners globally and in the Asia region.
* Serve as one of RTI’s most senior technical leaders for CIH’s existing health projects in Asia and beyond. Provide cross-institute leadership in strategic thinking and planning around RTI’s global health programs and initiatives.
* Represent RTI at technical meetings, briefings, international conferences, and other events as well as keep up on the latest developments in global health programs and funding trends. Interact and network with donors, potential partners, competitors, and major global health groups.
Skills and Requirements:
* Masters Degree, Ph.D., or equivalent advanced degree in health or related fields which are central to the President’s Global Health Initiative.
* Candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of experience in international or domestic health programs with significant experience in leading major projects or initiatives.
* Technical areas of expertise could include HIV, reproductive health, maternal child health, health systems strengthening, malaria and neglected tropical diseases among others. Experience with program management, health services, policy analysis, research, program design, strategic information and monitoring and evaluation related to global health is desirable.
* Because RTI has a major HIV initiative in Asia, experience with HIV programs and most-at-risk populations would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of PEPFAR, the President’s Global Health and Malaria Initiatives, the Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and other major donors is mandatory.
* Experience working with and managing USAID programs is required.
* Foreign language fluency in a regional language is a plus but not required.
* Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with others.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
* Established skills in oral and written communications and proven negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated skills at writing clearly and succinctly.
* Ability to travel frequently throughout the Asia region.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
How to apply
Please apply directly to www.rti.org/job12888.
Reference Code: RW_8ATJH9-50
Incoming search terms for the article:
- global fund lesotho vacancies
- USAID lesotho vacancies
- PSI lesotho vacancies
- global fund\s vacancies in lesotho 2012
- usaid jobs in lesotho
- Research job vacancies in Lesotho
- usaid lesotho jobs
- USAID lesotho vaccancies 2011
- vacancies lesotho 2011
- research triangle initiative international