Location: United States of America (the) – Los Angeles, Washington DC
Position: Emergency Response Recruiter
Location: Los Angeles or Washington, D.C.
About RI: Relief International (RI), an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programs bridging relief and development, currently seeks a full-time International Recruiter.
Under the supervision of the HR Director and in collaboration with the Humanitarian response Unit, the Recruiter is responsible for all aspects of recruitment for Emergency Response hires and volunteers to include identifying candidates for Emergency Rapid Deployment (RED) Team, interviewing, maintaining contact and deploying new staff in coordination with other RI recruiters and Humanitarian Response Unit.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Contribute to the readiness and efficacy of RED teams
- Help sustain and continuously improve emergency operations and programming
- Assist in RED Team strategic planning and capacity building
- Assist HR Director and Humanitarian Response Unit by providing lead in recruitment and deployment goals and needs.
- Execute recruitment excellence by establishing benchmarks and setting timelines to achieve strategic recruitment goals in collaboration with the whole HR team.
- Ensure that all recruitment conforms to any limits or exclusions set forth in RI policies, audit, Federal Government and other donor requirements.
- Assist Recruitment Manager in maintaining and creating announcement of vacancies on website and other employment sites
- File incoming resumes according to suitability and potential in database;
- Reviews potential candidates with Hiring Manager
- Contacts potential candidates and schedules interviews; coordinates international interviews with RI/SOL staff
- Verifies employment history and references
- Deploys recent hires (preparation of international package, including benefits, visas and all travel arrangements) in collaboration with Operations Officer
- Researches alternative, economic travel arrangements
- Enforces adherence to RI policies.
- Up-dates new hires into HRA system, personnel files, staff board
- Assist HR Department by timely obtaining and reviewing all ER staff timesheets (international and domestic) and submitting them to Finance.
- Up-date, review and manage staff leave requests by submitting complete information for approval by HR Director and following up with the requested staff member.
- Enforces adherence to HR and RI/SOL policies.
- Is available on off-hours and weekends when necessary.
- Deploy to emergencies as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in the areas of human resources, international affairs or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of Emergence Response and recruitment and deployment experience, preferably experience with international NGOs or agencies working in emergency relief or international development.
- Excellent written & verbal communications and computer literacy skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Procedure: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, 3 professional supervisory references (contact info) with the date of availability to email@example.com. The email subject line should include the following: Emergency Response Recruiter
Incoming search terms for the article:
- relief web vacancies
- relief website vacancies
- web relief vacancies
- recruiter for humanitarian
- emergency management recruiters
- relief international hungary
- relief web job vacancies
- relief website job vacancies
- relief international vacancies
- UN relief vacancies