Location: United States of America (the)
Job Title: Emergency Response Officer
Location: Washington, DC, or London, U.K.
Reports to:RI HQ Director of Humanitarian and Emergency Response
Travel: 50 percent travel to disaster and humanitarian emergencies
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Relief International (RI) is an organization committed to rapid response to sudden onset disasters and assisting the most vulnerable populations affected by humanitarian crisis. As such, RI’s Humanitarian and Emergency Response Unit maintains a cadre of experienced emergency response officers ready to deploy and lead disaster response teams and coordinate RI’s humanitarian response and programs from headquarters. The Emergency Response Officer is expected to be ready to lead and assist disaster response teams immediately, monitor current trends in emergencies on a daily basis, maintain personal and organizational preparedness for disaster response, and serve as a humanitarian advisor to RI’s other country teams and departments.
- Contribute significantly to the development of humanitarian and emergency proposals, concept papers, and public relations material. Provide detailed technical input to program designs and assist with preparation of needs assessment reports to inform program response priorities.
- Backstop humanitarian programs, field assessment teams, or emergency response teams from headquarters, including coordination of logistics for the team, assistance with donor and NGO coordination at the headquarters level, and technical support to the team on assessments, reports, proposals, etc.
- Lead or serve on humanitarian and emergency response teams. Be prepared to serve as program officer, team leader, logistics coordinator, security officer, or technical specialist for global emergency responses. Demonstrate best practices in emergency response and leadership in furthering RI’s humanitarian programming.
- Maintain disaster preparedness and readiness according to RI’s standard operating procedures for the Humanitarian and Emergency Response Unit.
- Be prepared to be seconded to other departments, program teams, or country teams to fill gaps in program implementation, proposal development, or operations.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, International Development, Public Health, Disaster Management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years humanitarian or development experience, including significant work overseas in emergency or humanitarian contexts.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles, emergency program management, and security management in high risk environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grantee regulations and implementation experience of USAID, UN, EU and other major donor-funded programs.
- In-depth knowledge of humanitarian key sectors a plus: shelter, food security and agriculture, health, nutrition, and or water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Strong English language communication skills;
- French or Arabic languages a big plus;
Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Procedure: For consideration please submit all of the following: a detailed CV, cover letter, salary history, and a list of 3 previous supervisors (including email address, mailing address, and telephone number) to Human Resources, Relief International. Email to: email@example.com
Subject line must include: Emergency Response Officer – DC or UK.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- NGO vacancies in Ethiopia
- ngo vacancy in ethiopia
- emergency response jobs
- job vacancy in ethiopia ngo
- NGO VACANCY
- international emergency management jobs
- mercy relief career
- NGO vacancy ethiopia
- NGO job vacancy in ethiopia
- ethiopian NGO vacancy