Job Vacancies Population Services Intl.
Position: Consultant, HIV Department
Location: United States of America (The), Washington
Closing Date: Saturday, 02 July 2011
Population Services International (PSI) is the worldâ€™s leading non-profit social marketing organization, operating in more than 60 developing countries. PSI creates demand for essential health products and services by using private sector marketing techniques and innovative communications campaigns to motivate positive changes in health behavior. On the supply side, PSI works with the commercial sector to increase the availability of these products and services at prices that are affordable to at-risk populations. With a bottom-line orientation that is rare among non-profits, PSI social markets products and services for family planning, maternal and child health, and the prevention of AIDS, malaria and other diseases. For more information, please visit our web site: www.psi.org.
PSI seeks an energetic, skilled individual to assist the fast-paced HIV Department of a dynamic organization. This short term (6 months), part-time position requiring at least 20 hours per week provides an excellent opportunity to learn about health research, HIV prevention and international development. This is a paid position based in Washington, D.C.
- Coordinate knowledge management and information management initiatives including, but not exclusive to: o HIV Department website o Internal wiki database
- Support Communication Advisors in finalizing a communication capacity building program (P-Promo)
including writing case studies and documenting pilot outputs.
- Provide writing assistance for case studies demonstrating PSIâ€™s behavioral impact through BCC interventions.
- Assist with development of communication training materials to be a part of field HIV Associates training program.
- Provide assistance and program backstopping to field offices and staff as needed and other program support, report writing, editing and organization as required.
- Drafting case studies for specific HIV technical areas for dissemination via the HIV department
website. and/or other PSI knowledge management channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree; Graduate Degree a plus
- Some international public health and/or development experience preferred
- Strong writing and communication ability
- Proficiency with PC applications (Windows XP, MS Word, Excel, Access)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Creative problem solving ability
- Experience with HTML a plus
- Knowledge of French or Spanish a plus
Successful candidates will possess the ability to work with and maintain confidential information in a discreet and professional manner; the ability to manage large workloads with minimal supervision and direction; excellent organizational skills, with special attention to detail; willingness to take initiative and problem solve; ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant and helpful attitude; and sound judgment and reliability.
Please send CV and cover letter to HIVintern@psi.org. No calls, please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- maternal and child health consultant 2011
- malaria short term advisor consultant job 2011 july
- malaria consultant job 2011
- malaria consultant 2011
- PSI job vacancies FROM MAY2011
- PSI HIV Consultant position
- population department vacancy may 2011
- population department job 2011
- population consultant
- malaria short term consultancy July 2011