Job Vacancies Partners in Health (PIH)
Position: Administrative Assistant – Deputy Chief of Mission to Haiti
Closing Date: Sunday, 03 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Boston, MA
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit organization based in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need. PIH has programs in Haiti, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Burundi, Kazakhstan, the Dominican Republic, and Boston.
The Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Mission to Haiti is an integral member of the Program Team. In addition to supporting the Deputy Chief of Mission, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the PIH Surgical Program and the Right to Health Care Program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to schedule and travel coordination; document, spreadsheet, and presentation preparation; financial tracking; and communications assistance.
I. Administrative and logistical support to the Deputy Chief of Mission (40%):
Schedule and travel coordination:
1. Manage the calendar and plan schedules to optimize the time of the Deputy Chief of Mission.
2. Schedule all meetings, appointments, conferences, and speaking obligations. Brief the Deputy Chief of Mission and provide relevant documents prior to meetings.
3. Arrange flights, hotel accommodations, visas, ground transportation and other travel provisions; personally ensure that all flights, upgrades and seat assignments are confirmed; create and maintain packets for travel including tickets, travel documents, itineraries, money, and other pertinent materials.
4. Remain in close contact with the Deputy Chief of Mission via email and phone.
5. Act as a liaison to senior PIH staff and managers, staff at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s Division of Global Health Equity (DGHE), and to Harvard Medical School’s Department of Global Health and Social Medicine (DGHSM).
Preparation of Documents:
1. Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and other documents.
2. Prepare and edit all materials for meetings, conferences, and speaking obligations. Disseminate related information to appropriate individuals.
1. Prepare and submit travel reports and track expenditures on other professional activities.
2. Organize and maintain financial documentation for all expenditures.
1. Courteously and professionally represent the Deputy Chief of Mission and Partners In Health when necessary.
2. Facilitate smooth relationships between the Deputy Chief of Mission and all collaborators and inquirers. Correspond with contacts by phone, in writing, and in person.
II. Support PIH Surgical Initiative (30%):
In coordination with Deputy Chief of Mission, PIH Director of Surgery, and Haiti Program Team, support surgical initiatives in Haiti.
1. Assist the Deputy Chief of Mission and PIH Director of Surgery in communication with collaborating and inquiring surgeons in the U.S.
2. Coordinate travel, schedule, and logistics of U.S.-based visiting surgical teams to Haiti.
3. Establish and maintain schedule of visiting surgeons to Haiti; regularly communicate this schedule to appropriate individuals.
4. Act as liaison between visiting surgical teams and procurement, program and other staff in Boston and Haiti; facilitate preparations to ensure productive surgical trips.
5. Serve as a resource for Haiti-based surgical staff, including facilitation of communication with other Haiti program staff and travel arrangements as meetings require.
6. When necessary, represent the Deputy Chief of Mission in meetings addressing surgery in Haiti, including weekly Haiti Update calls and the bi-weekly meetings of the DGHSM’s Program in Global Surgery.
7. Assist Haiti Finance Manager and Deputy Chief of Mission in developing, maintaining and tracking Haiti surgical budget.
8. Additional support around surgical initiatives may include work on advocacy and fundraising, reporting, procurement and monitoring and evaluation systems.
III. Support Right to Health Care Program* (30%):
Right to Health Care (RTHC) is a program in the countries in which PIH works, that seeks to assure treatment for patients who have diseases that cannot adequately be treated in-country. These patients are usually either brought to the U.S. or to another country for treatment of their disease.
In coordination with the Right to Health Care Program Coordinator and the Deputy Chief of Mission, support RTHC patient triage (prioritization, acceptance, etc.). Facilitate Haiti-based RTHC activities including patient and guardian evaluation, visa and passport processes, and accompaniment.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; background and/or interest in health and social justice preferred.
2. Three years of prior experience in an administrative role preferred.
3. Strong administrative and organizational skills, especially the ability to plan, organize, and follow through with a variety of constituencies.
4. French language preferred; Haitian Creole a plus.
5. Meticulous attention to detail.
6. Strong writing and editing skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated maturity, diplomacy, and ability to exercise sound judgment. Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse colleagues and constituencies.
8. Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work cooperatively with a diverse team.
9. Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments, prioritize work flow, adapt to fluctuating workload, and meet deadlines.
10. Excellent computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office programs.
11. Commitment to social justice.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.pih.org .
Reference Code: RW_87ZMXT-85
Incoming search terms for the article:
- partners in health lesotho
- partners in health lesotho vacancies
- partners in health rwanda jobs
- brief inurl:/guestbook html
- care lesotho vacancies
- PIH jobs
- inurl:/guestbook pl?action= adjudicative
- inurl:/guestbook pl aetna
- inurl:/picupbbs cgi?job=
- saliva inurl:/guestbook cgi?start=