Location: United States of America (the)
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health is a non-profit corporation based in Boston, Massachusetts, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, research, and advocacy, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those in most in need, and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH currently has programs in Haiti, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi and Boston.
The Prospect Researcher is primarily responsible for conducting research on existing donors and new prospects and preparing bios as needed. The Prospect Researcher will become familiar with various research tools and conduct and distribute research on new major supporters and prospects.
1. Works closely with the development team, particularly those working with major donors and prospects, to conduct research and qualify donors for further engagement.
2. Prepares research reports and donor biographies and distributes as needed.
3. Becomes proficient with various research methods and tools and utilizes them effectively.
4. Updates donor records in Raiser’s Edge with appropriate research reports.
5. Manages the work with an external wealth screening project when necessary, and actively utilizes the screening tools provided.
6. Attends weekly Development meetings as well as other meetings as required.
7. Performs other duties, as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree required and minimum of 2-4 years of development, prospect research or related office experience required.
2. Must be a professional, confidential, honest and reliable person. Must have an even disposition with a poised confidence and have the ability to deal effectively and politely with people from different backgrounds, experience levels and in all types of situations. Must have definite capability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound, and confidential judgment with excellent diplomatic skills.
3. This position requires good judgment and discretion to represent PIH in a highly professional manner. Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion. This position requires tremendous attention to detail, organization, project management, process management, and goal orientation.
4. Must be focused and motivated to learn and be flexible to change. Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills, experience working with external constituents, and must take he initiative to maintain a strong work ethic at all times.
5. Must maintain a professional demeanor. Must be able to develop excellent relationships with members of the development team and other PIH colleagues.
6. Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies in database management. Excellent skills in the functional use of Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft word. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
7. Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure, understand and follow policies and procedures, and accommodate change. Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team. Must be able to complete assignments working independently and with a minimum amount of supervision.
8. Must be willing to work extra hours during peak periods, including occasional evenings and weekends.
9. A commitment to social justice.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to www.pih.org
Incoming search terms for the article:
- lesotho times vacancies
- psi lesotho vacancies
- Job vacancies in lesotho
- partners in health lesotho vacancies
- vacancies in lesotho
- wfp lesotho vacancies
- partners in health lesotho
- world vision lesotho vacancies
- LESOTHO VACANCIES
- job vacancies lesotho