Job Vacancies Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
Position: Policy and Compliance Specialist
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 August 2012
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
Procurement and Supply Management, (PRO) processes a wide range of procurement and contracting actions in support of health related activities and administrative support requirements for Country Offices, Centers and Headquarters Offices. PRO also processes procurement actions in support of PAHO/WHO Regional Offices.
Description of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Administration (AM) and the direct supervision of the Manager, Procurement and Supply Management (PRO), the incumbent is responsible for, but not limited to, the following assigned duties:
a) Organize, lead, and manage the procurement policy and procedures program;
b) Research and analyze policy trends within the United Nations Common System to identify best practices and synergies that can be applied in the Organization; draft policy and guidance documents; consult on policy issues with parties inside the Organization and other international agencies; develop communications plans, prepare guidance documents;
c) Review, propose and draft amendments to the Organization’s procurement rules and regulations, e-Manual provisions and other information or tools within the Organization’s regulatory framework; prepare PRO submissions (e.g., proposals, analyses, summaries, presentations) to the Organization’s Executive Management;
d) Ensure compliance with procurement targeted metrics; make necessary recommendation for addressing gaps;
e) Maintain and develop change control mechanisms; coordinate and disseminate changes in procurement policies, procedures, and electronic standard formats/templates for procurement actions (tool kits);
f) Train (through regular briefings and outreach) procurement specialist, managers, and staff regarding interpretation and application of procurement rules and regulations, policies, and processes; formulate operational and procedural directives and general information bulletins; design training material to be used by trainers;
g) Organize, lead, and manage the internal controls and compliance program;
h) Conduct internal control and procurement review compliance checks at both Headquarters and Country Offices;
i) Coordinate internal reviews processes and procedures with the internal and external auditors;
j) Provide guidance to incoming queries on procurement policy interpretation ensuring consistency in PRO responses;
k) Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential: A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Public Administration, or a related field from a recognized university.
Desirable: A Law degree and/or an official procurement certification would be an asset.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
– Intrainstitutional Action: Operates in a fair, consistent and equitable manner, and displays such behavior by example. Ensures that the mission and the values of the Organization as well as the setting in which projects will be carried out are the drivers in one’s technical work. Understands the results required and performs to that standard. Behaves consistently in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Organization.
– Communication: Actively engages in conversation with the key players in a multicultural environment both within and outside the organization. Develops a network of appropriate contacts inside and outside PAHO to gain information or to build an alliance. Takes into consideration the multicultural differences within the organization.
– Information management: Takes initiative to improve systems for the presentation and dissemination of information. Supports, through competent use of the available systems and technologies, the development of data presentations.
– Teamwork: Promotes team work and leads one’s area to finish tasks and accept responsibility. Creates a positive environment within the area of work. Makes everyone feel like they are part of the team as well as welcomes and appreciates everyone’s ideas and suggestions. Able to see the positive aspects of working as a team, shares the team’s enthusiasm for achieving mutual goals.
– Service Orientation: Corrects the client’s problems promptly and without confrontation. Is helpful when client (internal or external clients) is going through a critical period.
– Accountability: Identifies, in conjunction with management, specific activities, processes jobs that require defined accountability, linking them to accountability strategies and objectives. Revises periodically progress made in the established work plan with his/her supervisor. Constantly reaches their objectives.
– Analysis, Synthesis, and Forecasting: Takes or organizes individual and collective action after analyzing situations on the basis of the available evidence and knowledge. Continuously analyzes the evolution of situations in an area of work and makes suggestions to adjust or confirm the decisions necessary to implement required actions. Is capable of anticipating the implications of an analyzed situation between six months to one year ahead.
– Theoretical and practical knowledge in procurement contracting (including contract development and execution), policy development, compliance monitoring, and risk management. Sound understanding of requisitioning, logistics, shipping, and strategic sourcing.
– Mature judgment, strong technical, analytical and conceptual skills; demonstrated ability to assess, analyze, synthesize and provide recommendation on key managerial and administrative issues;
– Ability to integrate managerial and administrative inputs into recommendations for decision-making process; ability to manage multiple issues and tasks in a complex organizational environment;
– Ability to create and advocate innovative approaches to facilitate and enhance management and administrative capacity, as well as monitoring these processes
– Excellent organizational and analytic skills combined with strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
– Ability to work harmoniously as a team in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
Essential: Seven years of combined national and international experience in purchasing management or contracting in either the private or public sector, including policy development and compliance.
Desirable: Prior experience in developing or managing policy, and designing training material for international or health-related organizations would be an asset.
Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
PAHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave. Benefits for internationally recruited staff may include travel and removal expenses on appointment and separation, assignment grant, rental subsidy, and home leave.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN ON-LINE PERSONAL HISTORY FORM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POST.
CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED ONLY IF THEY ARE UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION. A WRITTEN TEST AND/OR INTERVIEW WILL BE HELD FOR THIS POST. THE POST DESCRIPTION IS THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION FOR ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSES.
THIS VACANCY MAY BE USED TO FILL OTHER POSITIONS IN THE ORGANIZATION THAT MAY BECOME VACANT AT A LATER DATE, AND WHICH HAVE SIMILAR REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES AS THE ONES STATED IN THIS NOTICE.
(Net of tax)
US $ 56,091.00 at single rate
US $ 60,091.00 with primary dependants
48.4 % of the above figure (s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO’s e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
PAHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
Regional Office of the World Health Organization 525 Twenty-third Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20037 (202) Tel: 974-3000, Fax: 974-3663
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system oregon public television
- pligg content management system currency rate exchange
- pligg content management system foreign money exchange rate
- pligg content management system free business checking
- powered by SMF regional health information exchange grants
- pligg content management system us legal forms
- powered by SMF 2 0 data security policy
- pligg content management system income tax rate
- powered by SMF 2 0 regional health information exchange grants
- powered by SMF 2 0 free written internal computer security policy