Job Vacancies Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
Position: Administrative Assistant I (PAHO/11/FT48)
10 February 2011
Vacancy Notice No: PAHO/11/FT48
Title: Administrative Assistant I
Contract type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two years, first year probationary period.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 02 March 2011
Duty Station: Washington, D.C., United States of America
Organization unit: AM Americas (AM)
Sustainable Development and Evnironmental Health (SDE)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The Area of Sustainable Development and Environmental Health (SDE) represents a multidisciplinary team that, together with other technical areas and collaborating centers, leads innovative, inter-sectoral and strategic efforts to address the determinants of health, to reduce health risks and to promote healthy social and physical environments where people live, study, work and play as a substantial and essential element of Human Security for Sustainable Development and health equity.
Description of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Operations Specialist, Sustainable Development and Environmental Health (SDE), and the direct supervision of the Senior Advisor, Urban Health and Determinants of Health, SDE, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties:
a) Type drafts, reports, articles, forms, and a variety of correspondence in English and Spanish using standard office computer software; draft, edit and review text for accuracy, correct spelling, and orderly presentation;
b) Draft correspondence as required or on own initiative for administrative processes following PAHO standards and procedures for clearance and signature;
c) Assist in the coordination, preparation and development of internal and external technical meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops and studies, including: the preparation of agendas, compilation and assembly of background information for documents, publications, and final reports; coordinate logistical arrangements ensuring compliance with staff and participants’ travel procedures and practices; provide secretarial/support functions as required; prepare letters of agreement, contracts, collective travel authorizations, letters of invitation, etc.;
d) Perform support functions, including but not limited to: placing and answering telephone calls; receiving visitors; arranging appointments and keeping a calendar of these appointments; locating background material and files; compiling data for the preparation of correspondence and/or reports; assembling correspondence for mailing; etc.;
e) Maintain an organized and updated filing system for correspondence, documents, computer office files, reference materials, etc.;
f) Make travel arrangements for staff at Headquarters, consultants, and temporary advisors, including preparation of travel authorizations, travel reservations, checking visa requirements and other travel related requirements;
g) Provide administrative support related to updating the planning system for the Biennial Work Plan (BWP), including updating activities and tasks, tracking of achievements of milestones; requesting obligations, etc.;
h) Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma with formal training in the commercial or administrative field.
– Intrainstitutional Action: Acts in a manner that is consistent with the policies the organization must operate within. Consistently conducts oneself in accordance with the Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service. Conducts in a manner that reflects a behavior that is fair, consistent and equitable.
– Teamwork: Builds and maintains mutually beneficial productive interpersonal relationships based on trust, within the Organization. Participates willingly, supports team decisions, is a “good team player”, does his or her share of the work.
– Service Orientation: Distributes helpful information to clients. Gives friendly, cheerful service.
– Administrative support for technical cooperation interventions: Gives information that helps the Organization and the technical cooperation team’s point of view. Performs work support from a general perspective and demonstrates an understanding of the complexity reality in which the Organization operates.
– Continuous Learning: Seeks knowledge and sources of learning with colleagues. Finds new sources of information in order to make a better contribution to the team. Keeps focused on the organizational policies, processes and practices already established.
* Word processing in accordance with establish standards
* Ability to write/originate routine and non routine correspondence and reports in English and Spanish
* Ability to prepare working translations
* Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out administrative processes such as: meetings, preparation of reports, acquisition of supplies
* Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare charts, graphics, reports, etc.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook. Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio and Project would be an asset.
Four years of general office or administrative work experience.
Very good knowledge of English and Spanish.
A WRITTEN TEST AND/OR INTERVIEW MAY BE HELD FOR THIS POST. ADMINISTRATIVE/SUPPORT POSITIONS IN WASHINGTON, D.C. ARE OPEN TO WASHINGTON, D.C. METROPOLITAN AREA RESIDENTS ONLY. CANDIDATES MUST HOLD A PERMANENT LOCAL WORKING VISA (US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN CARD/GREEN CARD). CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED ONLY IF THEY ARE UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN ON-LINE PERSONAL HISTORY FORM. THE POST DESCRIPTION IS THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION FOR ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSES.
(Net of tax)
US $35,600. at single rate
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO’s e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
PAHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system spelling
- job vacancies in cameroon 2011
- pligg content management system local area income
- jobs vacancy positions in cameroon 2011
- pligg content management system visa business credit card
- pligg content management system spec b
- pligg content management system health
- pligg content management system finance charts
- pligg content management system state fair
- pligg content management system draft