Job Vacancies Pact, Inc. (Pact)
Position: Program Officer, Program Delivery Nov 2010
Closing Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Location: United States of America (the)
The Program Officer will report to Senior Program Manager (SPM) and work collaboratively with the Program Delivery team, other Pact departments, and Country Directors and staff to ensure necessary project planning, development and management activities function smoothly and efficiently. The Program Officer will support projects in the East and West Africa region, initially including projects and offices in Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo, and potentially in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya, Nigeria, and Uganda (and others depending on program expansion).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist country office staff in the development of project reports, work plans, PMPs and other project contractual obligations, and ensure timely submission and quality of content;
* Maintain full knowledge of the project status, operations and working environment and proactively facilitate country project operations when possible;
* Coordinate preparation of project related consultant agreements and track payments;
* Work with and support country office to ensure project compliance with donor and Pact’s operational policies and regulations;
* Coordinate timely and comprehensive responses to country teams’ requests and needs;
* Support the country office’s implementation of a timely and orderly project closeout;
* Participate in project startup and assist in new country office startup processes;
* Support SPM in project CPR process and coordinate follow up;
* Participate in preparations for project monitoring and evaluation;
* Coordinate monthly project calls and ensure timely follow up on action items;
* Assist in the Quarterly Program Review meetings;
* Travel to country offices to provide support as needed;
* Monitor and assist in cost share planning and documentation;
* Participate in initiatives within Pact related to Program Delivery functions (standards, policies, management tools, training and similar);
* Participate in new business development and contribute to the proposals management plans and design;
* In collaboration with Country Directors, provide support to project staff in the field, as appropriate in project management;
* Manage global projects implemented from Pact DC office including management of subgrants;
* Cooperate with the Program Advancement team;
* Coordinate new staff orientation at Pact DC office;
* Attend and represent the country offices and projects in public events and meetings;
* Ensure project intellectual capital is properly captured, filed and disseminated;
* Participate in the recruitment of operational and management staff as required;
* Contribute to the Program Delivery Balanced Scorecard indicator targets and in tracking these accomplishments; and
* Other related tasks.
* Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Pact staff in overseas offices, in donor organizations and in peer organizations
* Understanding of the project cycle and critical elements of project implementation.
* Knowledge and understanding of USAID, multilateral or other major donor’s policies, procedures or regulations for program implementation
* Ability to travel at short notice
* Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Strong computer skills: proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated writing and analytical skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Master’s degree or equivalent experience in international development, project management, or related studies
* At least 1 year of related work experience required, 2-3 years strongly preferred.
* Experience in a conflict/post-conflict/disaster context preferred. Experience in a developing country context required.
* English and French fluency required.
How to apply
Please go to www.pactworld.org and complete an online application.
Reference Code: RW_8B2U74-1
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pact ethiopia vacancy
- PACT vacancies
- pact tanzania vacancies
- pact ethiopia
- pact ethiopia vacancies
- Vacancies at PACT
- pact ethiopia jobs
- vacancies in post conflict west africa 2010
- Powered by Article Dashboard medical training in uganda
- pact US vacancies