Job Vacancies Office of the Under-Secretary-General
Job Title Information Systems Officer (Finance Technical), P4
Department/ Office OFFICE OF THE UNDER-SECRETARY-GENERAL – DM
Duty Station NEW YORK
Closing Date: Thursday, 03 February 2011
Job Opening number 11-IST-OFFICE OF USG – DEPT OF MGMT-17851-R-NEW YORK (O)
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN’s human, financial and material resources. Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. Umoja is a part of the Department of Management in New York. For more information on Umoja visit: http://www.unumoja.org/display/umoja/Umoja.
This position is located in the Umoja Technical and Data Team, the mission of which is to deliver a technical aspect of the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution to the UN community covering both back-office functions (HR and Payroll, Budget and Finance, SCM, Travel, Real Estate Management) and front-office functions (Programme Management, Conference and Event Management and eCommerce). SAP Financial modules to be implemented are FICO, Funds and Grants Management, Strategy Management, BPC, RPM, FSCM Biller Direct, In-house Cash Management, and Treasury and Risk Management (Public Sector solution); the Business Intelligence tools suite will be used for financial reporting.
The incumbent reports to the Senior Information Systems Officer (Integrated Solutions).
The Information Systems Officer (Finance Technical) will manage the technical design, development and implementation of end-to-end solutions for budget and finance, and (in collaboration with other team members) assist with the same for programme and project management processes. Within this context, the incumbent will:
(1) Oversee technical design, documentation and implementation of a) SAP extensions for the Finance and Budget solution, and b) interfaces to other Enterprise and existing UN systems (including Siebel CRM and EMC2 Documentum);
(2) Work with the User Interface technical team to ensure Portal, Mobile and Forms components of the solution are fully integrated with the overall solution;
(3) Work with the Business Intelligence team to design and implement superior Finance and Budget reporting solutions;
(4) Work with the Data Conversion and Master Data Management teams to validate the scope, design and accuracy of Finance and Budget master data and transaction conversions;
(5) Work with security architects to define and implement role-based application security which supports the UN Internal Control Framework;
(6) Work with the Functional, Infrastructure and Cut-Over teams to define and execute test procedures; design scripts for automated stress tests to ensure infrastructure is appropriately sized;
(7) Collaborate on an ongoing basis with the Umoja functional teams, and through them the UN business community, to ensure that the solution meets the needs of the Organization and its constituency;
(8) Assist with oversight and management of System Integrator (SI) and other technical team members (i.e., perform code and technical documentation reviews to ensure completeness and compliance with defined standards, monitor activities of on-site and off-shore resources to guarantee change control procedures are respected etc.);
(9) Make presentations to Umoja management and other necessary parties, as required;
(10) Assist with project planning activities, including updates to project plans, dashboards, and issues and risk logs;
(11) Perform any other duties as required.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter in design, development and implementation of software applications. Ability to provide innovative technical solutions by designing and developing software to meet business needs. Ability to apply good judgment; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving quality results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Ability to identify risks to project deliverables and deadlines and manage these risks in consultation with colleagues and the project management team. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. Familiarity with relational database tools, e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase.
Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks ‘outside the box’; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Planning and Organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer science, information systems or related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in the following is required: Application design, development, implementation and support of Financial Solutions in an SAP environment; At least one full lifecycle implementation and one upgrade of SAP Finance solutions and in producing high-quality technical documents for an SAP blueprint (multiple implementations in lieu of an upgrade is acceptable); Extending the SAP Finance and Controlling modules (FICO) by developing FRICEW objects (forms, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements and workflow) using several of following tools is required: ABAP programming language, ABAP Objects, BAPIs, BADIs, user-exits, SAP authorization objects, Web Dynpro for ABAP, Web Dynpro for Java, Java EE, SAP Business Workflow, SAP Script and/or SAP Interactive forms and SAP Solution Manager; Working with functional analysts, subject matter experts and other members of the business community to understand business requirements, and to design and develop technical solutions that meet the business needs of the Organization; Working with core FICO transaction codes, and associated functionality and SAP tables. Experience with SAP Finance in a Public Sector environment and with the associated SAP Public Sector modules (Funds and Grants Management) is desirable. Experience with SAP projects, budget and planning modules (Strategy Management, Project Systems (PS) Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) , and Resource and Portfolio Management (RPM)) is also desirable. Experience in a private or public international, multicultural environment is an asset.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language, preferably French, is desirable.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Evaluation of qualified applicants for this position may include a substantive assessment followed by a competency-based interview.
Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post. Further extension is subject to budgetary approval.
Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General. Staff Members are expected to move periodically to new functions in accordance with established rules and procedures, and may in this context be reassigned by the Secretary-General throughout the Organization based on the changing needs and mandates.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- sap vacancies 2011
- 10-PGM-DEPT PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS-17881
- under secretary finance (b)
- script secretary vacancy 2011
- SAP job vacancies 2011
- SAP BUSINESS PLANNING CONSOLIDATION bpc university
- sap business planning and consolidation jobs philippines
- office based Vacancies 2011
- information secretary general
- how to define Masters or equivalent in the UN