Job Vacancies Office of Central Support Services
Position Stores Worker, TC4
Department/ Office OFFICE OF CENTRAL SUPPORT SERVICES
Duty Station NEW YORK
Closing Date: Thursday, 07 July 2011
Job Opening number 11-LOG-OFC OF CENTRAL SUPPORT SERVICE-19469-R-NEW YORK
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
This post is located at the Stockroom, Plant Engineering Section (PES), Facilities Management Service (FMS), Facilities and commercial Services Division (FCSD), Office of Central Support Services (OCSS), Department of Management. The incumbent report to the Supervisor of the Stockroom and the Buildings Management Officer, PES.
Under the overall guidance of the Buildings Management Officer and the direct supervision of Working Leader of the Stock Room, the incumbent is responsible for the following: assist in purchasing tools and equipment through blanket orders and requesting through requisitions for Stock/Goods in IMIS for the Shops under Plant Engineering Section (PES). Assist in managing stocks and supplies of materials, tools, and equipment to support facility maintenance services, including receiving supply, dispensing materials to the respective trade personnel as required for assigned work orders, maintaining sufficient inventory, recording exchange of materials in a daily log book as well as keeping accurate records electronically in database, inspecting invoices in IMIS, and processing invoices for payment to vendors in a timely manner. Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrates professional competence in the operation of stockroom or warehouse which includes receiving and distributing of purchased good, recording transactions, creating requisitions, and monitoring/controlling of supplies;
- Knowledge of a wide variety of spare parts, supply and materials;
- Ability to communicate well with others and prepare status reports;
- Ability to plan, organize and maintain inventory and accurate records;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view;
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions;
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments;
- Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards;
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
- Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments;
- Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit; where applicable.
High school or equivalent Trade School Diploma.
A minimum of three years of working experience in the warehouse, stockroom and related area is required. Familiar with the tools and equipment required for facilities management services is an advantage.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
A written test and/or a competency-based interview will be conducted.
- This position is for local recruitment.
- Passing the United Nations entry-level test for Trades and Crafts (TC)) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Headquarters at New York. To make arrangements to take this test, you may bring in person a copy of your completed Personal History Profile to the General Services and Related Categories Staffing Unit (GSRCSU), United Nations Secretariat, located at One United Nations Plaza (at corner of 1st Avenue and 44th Street), Room DC1-200. GSRCSU receives applicants every Wednesday (except public holidays) between 10.00 am and 12.00 Noon. Please note that the TC entry level Test is only given upon demand by the relevant department.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- central job vacancies in june 2011
- POST OFFICE JOBS JUNE2011
- PES post office job
- june 2011 open school matron jobs in tanzania
- job in post office 2011-2012 june july
- employeeethiopia com/jobs
- Central Management Services Testing
- central management services
- POST OFFICE VECANCIES AT JUNE 2011