Job Vacancies National Democratic Institute
Position: Intern: Sothern and East Africa (217221-851)
Location: United States of America ( The ), Washington
Closing Date: Monday, 05 September 2011
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking undergraduate or graduate candidates for internships with NDI’s Southern and East Africa (SEA) programs for Summer/Fall 2011. The intern will be responsible for conducting country and program-specific research, attending meetings on Southern and East African Affairs and providing administrative support for country programs.
* Research and gather materials for country specific programs;
* Assist in the backstopping of field offices activities;
* Collect and distribute to the SEA team news updates;
* Attend meetings and seminars on Southern and East African affairs and prepare oral and written presentations to SEA team members;
* Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports;
* Provide administrative support to assigned country programs, including filing, faxing, copying, mailing, and/or event preparation; and
* Conduct special projects as needed.
* Demonstrated interest in Southern and East Africa;
* Generally pursing a undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent graduate; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to, political science, international relations, international development, and African studies;
* Well-organized and skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
* Excellent writing skills;
* Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team;
* Portuguese/French/Swahili language skills useful, but not required.
This is a paid internship.
Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI. We are currently recruiting for applicants available for Summer/Fall 2011.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Must have current U.S. work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard performance appraisal system
- Powered by Article Dashboard performance review institute
- Powered by Article Dashboard concept of academic performance
- Powered by Article Dashboard undergraduate program
- Powered by Article Dashboard democrat
- Powered by Article Dashboard graduate program
- Powered by Article Dashboard response to written performance appraisal
- powered by SMF political science for kids
- Powered by Article Dashboard related literature of academic performance
- Powered by Article Dashboard political science questions