Job Vacancies National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI)
Position: Intern, Washington
Closing Date: Sunday, 03 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington
Intern (Fall): Asia (217011-851)
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking candidates currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs to work in Washington, DC as a full-time intern for Fall 2010 to assist with the Institute’s current Asia programs.
* Assist the Asia team in organizing and implementing democracy development programs;
* Research and gather materials for country-specific programs;
* Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports;
* Assist in tracking program expenditures;
* Support the activities of assigned field offices;
* Collect and distribute foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, and/or academic articles pertaining to Asian program affairs;
* Attend meetings and seminars on Asian affairs and prepare oral and written presentations to Asia team members;
* Provide administrative support on assigned country projects, including filing, faxing, copying, and mailings;
* Complete special projects as needed;
* Additional responsibilities based on demonstrated ability could include: proposal drafting and editing, program development, and donor relations.
* Generally pursing a undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent graduate; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to, political science, international relations, international development, and Asian studies; master’s degree preferred;
* Must be highly knowledgeable of and interested in Asia;
* Must be well-organized and skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
* Must have excellent writing skills;
* Excellent financial management skills are highly desirable;
* Must be flexible, diligent, and team-oriented;
* Proficient in any Asian language (desirable but not required).
This is a paid internship. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI. We are currently recruiting for applicants available for Fall 2010. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
All applicants for internships must possess work authorization which does not require employer sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
How to apply
All applicants must apply by going to this site:
Reference Code: RW_87ZBDX-90
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www ethioreporter com
- reporter vacancy
- Ethiopian reporter vacancy
- ethioreporter com
- ethiopian reporter jobs
- reporter jobs
- reporter vacancy in ethiopia
- reporter job vacancy
- reporter ethiopia vacancy