Job Vacancies Mercy Corps
Position: Admin and Reception Coordinator
Closing Date: Monday, 22 November 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Portland, OR 97204 US
The cut off for this application process is 9/29/10
GENERAL DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
The Administration and Facilities (A&F) Department is responsible for all administrative and facility management functions for the Mercy Corps Global Headquarters in Portland and the agency-owned sub-office in Cambridge, MA. The department through a $2 million budget, provides direct service-oriented support to 150 US-based team members and indirectly supports all country offices through the provision of services that include but are not limited to property, space, and asset management; mail and shipping; procurement; front desk-reception management; implementation of the employee commuting program; and oversight of all safety and security for the two locations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Receptionist is an important first contact and representative for Mercy Corps. (S)he will provide outstanding professional customer service to Mercy Corps staff and individuals or organizations that contact Mercy Corps. (S)he handles mail courier services, general administrative duties and assists employees with short-duration tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
AT THE FRONT DESK
* Field all incoming domestic and international calls.
* Greet all arrivals, notifying Mercy Corps employees when a guest has arrived. Notify Administration & Facilities Manager or Facilities Support Coordinator when vendors arrive and do not allow them building access until supported by Facilities.
* Maintain accurate and complete procedures manual of receptionist tasks and phone system for use by temporary help and administration team members who cover receptionist duties during daily breaks, vacation time, and unanticipated absences.
* Maintain reception area, ensuring it is clean and organized.
* Remain at the reception desk at all times during business hours except when relieved by the Administrative Support Coordinator for breaks or lunch. Act as the first line of security to unknown visitors entering the building.
* The Mercy Corps reception desk will function as the Building Emergency Control Center (ECC) as described in the MC HQ Fire and Life Safety Emergency Operations Plan. The Receptionist is the ECC central point person for the exchange of information regarding an emergency whenever the plan is under test or operational mode.
COURIER SERVICES / SHIPPING DUTIES
* Receive deliveries from couriers. Notify staff of arrival via email.
* Once Admin Support Coordinator assembles packages, the Receptionist is responsible for shipping and coordinating all daily shipments, as well as all weekly branch and monthly field shipments both domestic and international. Print daily manifests. Assist staff with inquiries regarding shipping options and procedures.
* Maintain shipping resource notebook, digital address books for DHL and UPS systems, and HR staff location list.
* Once every month send out a reminder email regarding the Monthly Field Shipments.
* Order all shipping supplies.
* Coordinate with the Administrative Support Coordinator for annual review of carrier price points, service changes and effectiveness.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
* Field e-mail correspondences received by Mercy Corps’ general email@example.com e-mail address.
* Act as point person for office supplies. Be responsible for all ordering and invoices. Work closely with company account representative to troubleshoot problems. Provide aid to staff with special ordering needs.
* Generate updated phone extension list of Portland HQ staff on a semimonthly basis or as multiple changes occur.
* Ensure all relevant reception documents are regularly updated on the Digital Library.
* Assist the Admin and Facilities Manager in obtaining information, preparing reports, and handling special projects when requested.
* Aid the Admin and Facilities Manager in communicating policies and training team members on emergency operations and disaster preparedness plans.
* Support the Facilities team by routinely creating the daily staff temporary parking permits.
* Develop and maintain efficient filing system for all reception documents.
* Act as point person for business cards. Work closely with vendor and provides aid to all domestic and international staff in the event of special orders. Coordinate all expedited shipping needs.
* Aid Administrative Support Coordinator by creating mailbox magnets and nameplates for all new-hires.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Administration and Facilities Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Administrative Support Coordinator, Facilities Support Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* 1-3 years of professional reception experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
* College-level education in business, administration or other relevant field, preferred.
* At least 2 years of experience with MS Office, Outlook or similar email, and experience with processing mail.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills including active listening, problem-solving skills, and writing skills.
* Multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills.
* Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to follow procedures, complete tasks, and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and cooperatively with team members.
* The ability to take direction as well as work independently.
* Proven experience maintaining confidentiality is required.
A successful candidate will have a professional appearance, remain calm and pleasant under all circumstances including stressful deadlines, be able to multi-task, have a good sense of humor and be conscientious and dependable.
This position is based in Portland, OR.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to apply
Apply online at our website:
45 SW Ankeny St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 796-6800
Reference Code: RW_89KASN-24
Incoming search terms for the article:
- supply a short response for this vacancy
- short response for vacancy
- short response for this vacancy
- short response to a vacancy
- Supply a short response for this vacancy:
- short response for a vacancy
- Supply a short response for a vacancy
- mercy corps DIGITAL LIBRARY
- mercy shipping
- mercy shipping jobs