Job Vacancies Mercy Corps
Position: IT Support Specialist / System Administrator
Location: United States of America (The)
Closing Date: Monday, 22 August 2011
PROGRAM / DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
Information Technology (IT) at Mercy Corps’ supports the agency’s use of computer technology and telecommunications to improve organizational agility and to achieve agency goals. The IT staff provides planning, support and technical assistance to domestic offices in addition to new and existing Mercy Corps country programs. The IT staff also works to strengthen the agency’s abilities to use Internet-based information services.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide diverse IT services within the office infrastructure, as well as to end users in the Washington DC office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Do This
* Perform daily administrative server functions including back-up, recovery, disk space management, configuration, installs and upgrades: Application Support Services servers.
* Administer all mission critical servers and processes.
* Provide patch management and service pack installs on all servers and computers.
* Provide all data backup / restore services on all servers and computers as required.
* Provide courteous and prompt customer service in response to user requests.
* Assist users in resolving hardware and software problems.
* Monitor and troubleshoot client hardware and software.
* Complete custom installation and upgrades of operating system, standard word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, and Internet software packages, as well as other packages as requested, on new workstations or replacement hardware. Transfer user data for replacement hardware.
* Upgrade operating systems and install standard word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, and Internet software packages, as well as other packages as requested, on new or replacement computers. Transfer user data for replacement hardware.
* Administer user accounts to Mercy Corps’ services.
* Provide IT support to Mercy Corps staff visiting from other offices
* Install, configure and maintain local area network. (Wired and Wireless)
* Maintain network security and VPN administration.
* Monitor, troubleshoot and correct network problems.
* Maintain asset inventory database for IT hardware and software including monitors, PCs, WAPs, switches, and printers.
* Support mobile devices PDA’s / Smartphones.
* Work with third party vendors as primary point of contact relating to IT services.
* Provide support for Video Conference communications.
* Other duties as assigned.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Systems Administrator / Help Desk Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: DC staff, IT staff in Portland HQ,
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree highly desirable.
* 2-4 years of proven experience providing technical support or end-user support.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows operations, Office, web browsers, and e-mail clients.
* Recent professional experience in administering Windows Server 2003 / 2008, Active Directory, Group Policy.
* Proficient in data backup and restore.
* Self-sufficient experience and proficient knowledge of network equipment.
* Proven experience in policy / procedure documentation.
* Recent professional experience with Video Conference equipment.
* Proficient in email administration management and support.
* Recent professional experience supporting smartphones / mobile devices.
* Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
* Ability to work productively in teams; friendly and approachable; dependable. Strong organizational and administrative skills.
* Effective time-management and task-management skills to accomplish multiple competing priorities.
* Tolerance of ambiguity.
This position is based in Washington, DC and is budgeted at 75% FTE (Full Time Equivalent).
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Staff are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Please apply directly at:
Mercy Corps is an AA/EOE.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system radio factor
- pligg content management system mobile broadband internet
- pligg content management system broadband wireless internet radio
- pligg content management system pda software
- pligg content management system system requirements for windows 95
- pligg content management system backup systems
- pligg content management system free internet television
- pligg content management system t mobile customer care
- pligg content management system the bachelor abc television
- pligg content management system mobile wireless internet