Job Vacancies Mercy Corps
Position: Online Fundraising Manager
Location: Portland, United States of America
Closing Date: Tuesday, 06 September 2011
PROGRAM/ DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places – places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and Haiti – with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives.
Resource Development (RD) staff work in three main areas:
1) raising private funds and cultivating and maintaining relationships with private donors;
2) defining the agency’s brand, raising our public profile and sharing stories about our work by engaging with the media, the public, and our supporters and producing a wide range of online and offline communications; and
3) teaching visitors to our Portland Action Center about issues of global poverty and engaging them in efforts to end it.
The RD team includes several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are database managers, web developers, internet marketers and public relations experts. We are writers, designers, photographers and teachers. We are fundraisers with expertise in direct response, online, community, major gift and corporate giving. We are specialists in fundraising analysis, stewardship, prospecting and customer service. Most of all, we are passionate about Mercy Corps’ mission and dedicated to supporting our worldwide team that’s improving the lives of 19 million people in 36 countries.
The Online Fundraising Manager manages an online fundraising program to support Mercy Corps’ worldwide humanitarian mission. He/she works with colleagues on the marketing team, including the website team, to increase the effectiveness of current online strategies, create and implement new strategies, and create an engaging interactive experience for donors and key constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Manage email marketing, online acquisition, online advertising including Google Adwords, SMS mobile communications and social media marketing.
* Manage online marketing programs including Mercy Corps Gifts, holiday campaigns and advocacy campaigns.
* Conceive, design and launch new online products and campaigns, in cooperation with the website team and other marketing team colleagues, to increase revenue, acquire new prospects and donors, and engage current donors.
* Manage relationship with online marketing consultants.
* Work with colleagues to integrate fundraising and engagement campaigns across relevant channels, including website, email, direct mail, social networks and mobile.
* Work with the Policy team to support an outward facing advocacy strategy to engage and cultivate donors and donor prospects.
* Develop and leverage strategic online marketing partnerships.
* Track and analyze results of campaigns and activities, and incorporate lessons learned into future strategy.
* Monitor current and emerging trends in online marketing and fundraising; stay up-to-date on industry best practices.
* Other duties as assigned.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Online Marketing Officer, Email Marketing Officer
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Sr Director, Interactive and Direct Marketing
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Members of the Interactive and Direct Marketing Team, online fundraising consultants
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* BA/S in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience
* Four years of online fundraising experience
* Knowledge of effective online marketing strategies and email fundraising methods
* Two years of experience in a supervisory position
The successful candidate will have excellent written, verbal and email communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize, manage multiple deadlines and coordinate complex schedules, work well under pressure, respond quickly to new opportunities, creatively resolve complex problems and analyze, and derive actionable insights from large data sets. S/he will be able to establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and vendors
LIVING /ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
This position is based in Portland, Oregon. Some evenings/weekends required during emergency responses; occasional travel required within the US.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Please apply directly at:
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard area code
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet advertising consultant
- Powered by Article Dashboard zip code locator
- Powered by Article Dashboard cities area code
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet marketing consulting
- Powered by Article Dashboard consultant internet marketing strategy
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet marketing web site design
- Powered by Article Dashboard reverse engineering services
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet marketing strategy
- Powered by Article Dashboard reverse zip code finder