Job Vacancies Mercy Corps
Position: Facilities Events Coordinator, United States of America
Closing Date: Saturday, 18 September 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Portland, OR
PROGRAM/ DEPARTMENT SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps’ Global Engagement Department is responsible for the Mercy Corps Action Center in Portland, Oregon. The Action Center and its staff are responsible for programming and classes in the Action Center as well as in the adjoining rooms: the Aceh Room, the pre-event space just outside the Aceh Room and the Gallery to the Southeast. The available rooms are seen as a community resource and a viable place to hold meeting and gatherings. The Gallery is also a community resource for the AC to present relevant and interesting exhibits.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Facilities Events Coordinator will be responsible for marketing, selling and contracting with parties outside of Mercy Corps for use of our public spaces. In addition, this person will create marketing materials and develop a marketing strategy so that the Portland community becomes aware of the opportunity to rent our facilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish protocols for event space usage – the Aceh Room, pre-event space, Gallery and Action Center.
- Establish guidelines that balance the organization’s needs with leasing opportunities, understanding that 6 general parties will be requesting space usage: Mercy Corps’ team members, the Action Center, Mercy Corps Northwest, The Lemelson Foundation, external Mercy Corps-affiliated organizations and other organizations.
- Establish a yearly operating budget.
- Develop a fee structure (corporate/educational/nonprofit) for space rental and equipment usage as well as rental/payment policies.
- Develop usage policies that protect Mercy Corps and its facility investments.
- Produce marketing materials that are principally web-based as well as print materials and online means of collecting event inquiries and applications.
- Market to the Portland community (firms, corporation, non-profits and event planners) the space availability.
- Generate revenue to covers costs and bring in additional earned income.
- Staff all events scheduled in the space.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Director, Mercy Corps Action Center
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Director, Mercy Corps Action Center, Operations Director, Mercy Corps Action Center and Administrations and Facilities Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- B/A or B/S
- At least 2 years marketing experience with a proven ability to produce creative materials.
- At least 2 years experience with systems used for receiving applications and working with vendors and rental spaces.
- A track record of working both publically and privately with diverse groups.
A successful Facilities Events Coordinator will be outgoing and personable with extreme attention to detail. They will be comfortable as a liaison with community groups and individuals, have the ability to market Mercy Corps Action Center spaces effectively to the greater community and serve as an energetic ambassador at events.
LIVING /ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Portland, OR. Some evenings and week-ends are required.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to apply
APPLY VIA URL:
Reference Code: RW_87HD97-33
Incoming search terms for the article:
- mercy corps ethiopia
- mercy corps Ethiopia vacancies
- Mercy corps ethiopia vacancy
- mercy corps action center
- mercy corps vacancy
- www mercycorps jo
- Mercy Corps Vacancies in the Philippines
- Mercy Corps Action Center Ache Room
- mercy corps action center closing
- Marketing mercy corps