Job Vacancies Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Position: Desk Human Resources Officer
Closing Date: Monday, 27 September 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
OCP & MSF-USA seek a Desk Human Resources Officer
Department: MSF-France Field Human Resources
Assigned to NY Desk located within the Program Department of MSF-USA
Reports to: MSF France Field HR Coordinator (a/k/a Coordinateur des CRH),
NY Desk Manager
The NY Desk is a decentralized Desk operating within the Paris Operational Partnership (France; Australia, Japan and the US). The NY Desk has two Human Resources Officers who function both as members of the Paris HR department and the NY Desk. Countries currently assigned to the NY Desk include: Ethiopia, Haiti, Nigeria, Somalia and Uganda.
The Desk HRO is responsible for ensuring the proper follow up of Human Resources questions that may arise on the countries assigned to the Desk. S/he will receive the necessary support from project managers based in Paris who are dedicated to specific HR subjects such as training, drafting Memoranda of Understanding, Internal Rules, the field database Homere, etc.
* Compose international teams of expatriate and national staff (in consultation with the Desk Manager or Deputy), in accordance with fixed operational objectives.
* Identify and place international staff required for the field projects assigned to the Desk
* Ensure new international field workers are briefed prior to departure
* Monitor international workers’ integration in the field and the progress of their assignment.
* Make sure field workers are debriefed upon return and evaluate assignments.
* Maintain regular contact with HR managers in the capital coordination teams.
* Follow-up and career planning for national staff as well as international staff (during their assignment)
* Advise and provide HR support to the field projects assigned to the Desk.
* Supervise the implementation of policies and procedures for hiring, compensating and managing national staff.
* Participate in discussions regarding the objectives of the Desk, as well as those of the Field HR Departments in Paris and New York, and ensure the implementation of decisions made in support of those objectives.
* Make regular field visits to projects managed by the Desk.
* Identify staff (international or national) for training, detachments, career paths etc…
* Participate in the PPDLs, ForCoFiRH, Information Days, etc…
* Administer: database, salary, insurance.
* Coordinate and collaborate with the other CRH.
* Participate in budget / bilan exercise several times a year.
* Minimum 2 years of MSF field experience, in a variety of contexts
* MSF field administrative experience, specifically as a Finance and HR Coordinator including managing field team composition and adapting HR management to local labor conditions required
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; plus 3-5 years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated interest and skills in HR management
* Good knowledge and understanding of MSF
* Outstanding proven time management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate needs appropriately
* Ability to analyze and synthesize complex and sensitive material
* Excellent judgment and diplomacy
* Strong written and oral communications skills in English and French. Other languages an asset
* Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word processing and spread-sheet and database software and to search the internet for research purposes
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team
* Ability to travel extensively, especially to developing countries, on short notice, and to Europe for scheduled visits approx. 4x/year
* Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC.
How to apply
Send letter of interest and CV to: Employment.email@example.com, Attn: Desk HRO Search.
Reference Code: RW_88WKLS-66
Incoming search terms for the article:
- msf jobs
- msf vacancies
- Msf france
- msf france jobs
- medecins sans frontieres jobs
- msf vacancy
- msf job
- medecins sans frontieres vacancies
- MSF job vacancies
- msf france vacancies