Job Vacancies Management Systems International (MSI)
Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. Today, it has over 100 projects under management worldwide and its technical expertise has been expanded to include implementation of a range of analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, organizational capacity building, education, and natural resource management. At the beginning of 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., a global multi-disciplinary professional services organization with offices in 20 countries around the world. MSI became a part of Coffey International Development (Coffey ID), one of seven divisions which comprise the Coffey Group. Together, we aspire to create extraordinary outcomes for our clients, our staff and the communities in which we work. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Position: Awards Facilitator/Grants Administrator
Closing date: 27 Oct 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington, DC
MSI has a project with the State Department’s Iraq Desk for Economic and Assistance Affairs (NEA/I) to provide monitoring and evaluation support, a component of which includes a team of Awards Facilitators (Grant Administrators) who work full time, on-site at the NEA/I office in Washington.
The contract is through September 21, 2011. MSI is currently looking for an analyst to join the team as soon as possible. This full time position works in close collaboration with NEA/I and Embassy Baghdad Program Officers and Grants Officers, helping to facilitate effective and timely management of federal assistance awards. MSI Award Facilitators support the complete lifecycle of grants, from pre-award preparation through implementation and close-out. Training will be provided.
The Award Facilitator provides operational and administrative support in the following ways:
* Provide financial management and reporting support for grant programs within NEA/I.
* Works with Project Officers and Grants Officer to develop clear Statements of Work with clearly defined intended outcomes, objectives, and performance indicators.
* Administers and monitors grants to ensure compliance with State Department policies, procedures, and practices.
* Work closely with relevant staff based in the field (Iraq) and in DC. Liaise with them on grants management issues and project implementation. Backstop members of the team and provide direct assistance as needed.
* Assist Grants Officer in the review of proposals and budgets, preparation of award materials, and maintenance of award files.
* Work with grantees to ensure that all reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
* Work with field staff and DC based staff in the use of an online project management database.
* Help develop and organize training materials and participate in grants and funding training for PRT (field staff) members prior to departure for Iraq.
* Provide support for monitoring and evaluation of funded projects.
* Must be a U.S. citizen able to obtain a secret security clearance. A current secret clearance is preferred.
* 3+ years relevant work experience.
* Master’s degree in international relations, public administration or other related fields desirable. Bachelor’s degree required.
* Relevant experience in one or more of the following:
* Financial management of federal assistance grants and/or cooperative agreements.
* Professional and/or academic exposure to NGO programs, the Middle East, and knowledge of USG assistance efforts in Iraq.
* Programmatic project design, performance indicator development, and monitoring and evaluation.
The successful candidate is a flexible team player with a client-focused orientation, attention to detail, demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment in a politically sensitive environment.
How to apply
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com .
Reference Code: RW_89PPMY-3
Incoming search terms for the article:
- msi iraq
- msi in iraq
- msi jobs
- msi iraq vacancy
- msi iraq jobs
- NDI VACANCIES IN IRAQ
- msi iraq vacancies
- msi-iraq com
- NDI VACANMCIES In Iraq