Job Vacancies Management Sciences for Health
Position: Budget Officer
Closing date: 22 Mar 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington, VA
The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) is currently implementing three contracts in close collaboration with USAID; The Global Fund; and World Health Organization:
The Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) contract with USAID is part of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. The purpose of this contract is to establish and operate a safe, secure, reliable and sustainable supply chain management system to procure pharmaceuticals and other products needed to provide care and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS and related infections. SCMS will offer services in focus countries identified by USAID, with SCMS field offices established in selected countries as required by the scope of work in the country.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a major financing institution in the fight against these diseases in 140 countries. The Global Fund established a Procurement Support Service for its Principal Recipients, with Voluntary Pooled Procurement and Capacity Building Services aimed at ensuring a cost-effective and efficient procurement process. These services provide support to countries to resolve procurement bottlenecks and supply chain management challenges and facilitate timely access to pharmaceuticals and health products.
The Global Drug Facility (GDF) is a mechanism for saving lives. The GDF is an initiative to increase access to high quality tuberculosis (TB) drugs for DOTS implementation, a TB control strategy. Globally, TB is the leading curable cause of infectious death. The GDF is housed in WHO headquarters in Geneva and managed by a small team in the Stop TB partnership secretariat.
The responsibilities of the Budget Officer include, but are not limited to:
1. Review monthly subcontractor invoices to ensure accuracy and contractual compliance.
2. Manage project coding in Orion which includes: creation; modification; and obligating funds to Task Order 3; GDF; and VPP project codes and to subcontractors per collaboration with Contracts Unit.
3. Work with the Finance Manager, PMO Unit Mangers, and subcontractors to support the annual budget and quarterly forecast exercises, which includes establishing budget guidelines as appropriate and monitoring expenditures on a monthly basis.
4. Collaborate with MIS and Accounting Units to develop, test, and implement automated reports that will assist with in-depth analysis of financial activity.
5. Develop financial reports as requested for multiple internal/external clients; conduct analysis of data and communicate results to the client.
6. Review financial reports and investigate variances; clarify discrepancies with the client.
7. Respond to ad-hoc budget requests by documenting cost assumptions, monitoring expenditures, and pr oviding financial support to Unit Managers and Project Staff.
8. Provide financial guidance to the Procurement Support Services Team at the Global Fund and the internal VPP Team in establishing organizational processes to produce efficiencies that meet contractual compliance.
9. Manage the financial review of the closeout process for GDF and VPP projects; collaborate with the VPP Customer Service Specialist to clarify discrepancies found during the review.
1. BA/BS degree or higher.
2. Minimum of three years experience working with USAID contracts and international projects.
3. Strong knowledge of US Government contracting procedures, regulations, policies, i.e. FAR, CFR, OMB Circulars.
4. Demonstrated advanced skills in Excel. Intermediate skills in Word, Access, and Outlook or GroupWise. Experience with Orion a plus.
5. Strong analytical, written, computer and verbal skills required.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize multiple tasks.
7. Strong analytical skills required.
8. Ability to focus on details.
9. Eligible to work in the United States.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.
How to apply
Reference Code: RW_8EMJU4-14
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www worxnet dpw gov za
- www ecdpw gov za
- worxnet dpw gov za
- ecdpw gov za
- dpw vacancies
- https://jobs-msh icims com/jobs/3968/job
- www dpw gov za vacancies
- www worxnet co za
- www dpw gov za/vacancies
- ecdpw gov za content uploads ADVERT FEBRUARY 2011