Job Vacancies Management Sciences for Health
Position: MIS Program Coordinator
Location: United States of America
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 June 2011
TITLE: MIS Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Principal Advisor, Management Information Systems LOCATION: Arlington, VA
The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) is implementing the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) contract for USAID as part of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. SCMS strengthens or establishes secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable supply chains capable of meeting the care and treatment needs of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. In coordination with in-country and international partners, we assist programs to enhance their supply-chain capacity; ensure that accurate supply-chain information is collected, shared, and used; and provide quality, affordable, health care products to those who need them. The project presently has field offices in sixteen countries that provide significant technical assistance to supply chain organizations in strengthening their capacity to manage national supply chains for medicines and laboratory equipment and consumables essential to strengthening public health systems. Given the mission-critical role of data to the performance of a supply chain, improving the quality and availability of logistics management information through implementation of robust logistics management information systems, warehouse management systems and other MIS tools is paramount to achieving the goal of systems strengthening which is both a Global Health Initiative (GHI) and SCMS priority.
The MIS Program Coordinator is a member of the MIS group in the Systems Strengthening Unit within the Field Program Support Team at SCMS. S/he will provide operations support in the coordination and implementation of MIS projects intended to strengthen the capacity and performance of supply chain organizations and health stakeholders to enhance evidence-based decision-making and inform policy. S/he will work in close coordination with MIS Advisors and other country program support staff, field office staff, vendors and other STTA providers to coordinate resources, plan and monitor project activities and milestones, and ensure timeliness and quality of contractual project deliverables. In addition, the MIS Program Coordinator is expected to provide Washington- and field-based MIS technical assistance as needed. S/he works under the supervision of the MIS Principal Advisor.
Manages technical assistance MIS operations through the coordination of frequent multi-stakeholder technical meetings.
Works with technical assistance program officer and communications team to prepare MIS project updates for reporting to Project Management Office and the SCMS COTR.
Monitors MIS advisor utilization and client satisfaction.
Coordinate and prioritize support to the PMO contracting team to ensure compliance with FAR, AIDAR and SCMS legal and regulatory requirements.
Monitors project team progress in MIS project implementation by tracking key project milestones, deliverables, and payments against project plans, ensuring timely submission, review, and approval of project deliverables prior to client delivery.
Provides Washington- and field-based technical assistance to field programs in the areas of technology-centric change management.
Supports drafting of MIS technical assistance scopes of work in accordance with quality standards.
Supports MIS and other technical advisors in the conduct of organizational assessments planning, implementation, training and operational support.
Promotes the adoption of the SCMS MIS technical assistance framework, standards, best practices and methodologies.
Performs special projects as needed to support the MIS team.
1. Master’s degree in a relevant domain such as Public Health, MIS, International Development, Business Administration, or a combination of education and relevant experience
2. Five years professional experience, two years professional experience supporting or managing technology-centric projects or operations
3. Pro-active and highly organized team administrator capable of keeping a fast-moving operation organized and on -task
4. Team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work and a positive attitude
5. Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
6. Strong technical and business writing skills in English
7. Training and experience in project management methods and software
8. Strong client and vendor relations management skills
9. Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
10. Two or more years of experience implementing supply chain system solutions in several of the following business processes: procurement, finance, warehouse management, distribution, MRP/ERP, laboratory information management, or logistics
11. Two or more years experience in international consulting in Africa, Asia or the Americas
12. Ability to work in Spanish, French, Portuguese highly desirable
This is a full-time position based at the Arlington, VA office, with possible international travel up to 30%.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.
Please apply via the below link: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/4176/job
Incoming search terms for the article:
- international JOb coordinator science 2011
- management sciences for health MIS
- pfscm mis advisor
- powered by SMF oregon public broadcasting
- powered by SMF supply chain management training
- powered by SMF warehouse management system software