Job Vacancies Management Sciences for Health
Position: Business Development Director/Haiti
Closing Date: Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington
This position is created specifically to build upon MSH’s multi-project presence in Haiti, leveraging our project presence and global know-how in “post-disaster health systems strengthening.” This is MSH’s primary leader for developing, maintaining, and expanding MSH’s business portfolio in Haiti.
Coordination with MSH in-Country Project to Generate Business Opportunities:
- Learn about the MSH activities in Haiti as a means to leverage additional funds for these projects and/or build upon these projects to expand MSH’s portfolio and impact.
- Coordinate business development opportunities with MSH Project in-country leadership.
Participating in Donor Coordinating:
- Be MSH’s key business development voice in post-disaster coordination meetings as a means to build upon MSH’s global expertise in post-disaster health systems rebuilding.
- Participate in post-disaster relief meetings concerning the coordination of donor monies, the rebuilding of Haiti’s health care system, and leveraging of MSH’s global experiences in post-traumatic health system strengthening.
- Develop ongoing, active data base of donors including contact details, priorities, MSH engagement, and present and future implications for MSH.
- Contact all donors of pertinence to MSH’s portfolio and explore and groom opportunities for funding of MSH’s health systems strengthening initiatives.
Contributing to MSH’s Overall Business Portfolio:
- Contribute to MSH’s annual and multi-year financial targets by leveraging MSH’s capabilities, developing perceived opportunities, and winning technical assistance opportunities and projects across the organization.
- Participate from the field in the successful development process for large, complex, multi-million dollar proposals from identification of opportunity, positioning and partnering, to submission, and through to winning and final award.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as requested by the Vice President for Business Resource Development.
Positioning MSH for Winning New or Expanded Business:
- Collaborate with the MSH home and Haiti-based staff to position MSH to leverage existing projects into expanded business opportunities and to win new opportunities.
Gathering/Analyzing Business Intelligence:
- Create opportunities to consistently gather, then, follow-up on strategic business information.
- Track strategic intelligence, execute pursuits in target markets, and build relationships with potential clients, partners and employees.
- Advise MSH staff on approaches and opportunities to gather strategic information, to analyze business opportunities, and to present information to the central Business Resource and Development Office in the U.S.
Managing Strategic Donor and Partner Relationships:
- Lead senior level discussions with donors and stakeholders and work effectively at national and regional levels throughout Haiti while exploring for business opportunities and/or nurturing potential business development opportunities.
Setting-up/Supporting Proposal Process:
- Lead Haiti-based business development activities and coordinate preparations for new and follow-on projects.
- Teach Haiti-based MSH the principles and approaches for preparing proposals.
- Collaborate with Haiti-based MSH staff in the preparation of proposals.
- Collaborate with the Human Resource Management Department at MSH to develop a roster of potential key staff in Haiti.
1. A minimum of five years working with International Development Assistance Projects including experience working directly with field-based operations.
2. Strong proposal and project management skills
3. Demonstrated success in business development activities through company win rate, leveraging, and new project acquisitions.
4. Demonstrated experience with USAID, U.S. Governmental Agencies and other international donors.
5. Successful track record in developing and implementing programs in developing countries, preferably Haiti, with diverse teams and effectively collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders.
6. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to think strategically, make critical decisions, and effectively handle change in a fast paced environment required.
7. Fluency in both English and French strongly preferred.
Please Note: There are international allowances available for this position.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at www.jobs-msh.icims.com.
Reference Code: RW_87LR5X-80
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www jobs-msh icims com
- msh ethiopia vacancy
- msh ethiopia
- MSH job vacancies
- msh ethiopia vacancies
- msh vacancy
- www jobs msh icims com
- jobs-msh icims com
- job vacancies for german operation manager in egypt 2010
- jobs msh icims