Job Vacancies Management Sciences for Health
Position: Senior Development Associate, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Location: United States of America ( The ), Cambridge (MA)
Closing Date: Monday, 06 August 2012
The Senior Development Associate (SDA) plays a key role in helping MSH diversify its funding base and develop innovative new partnerships. The Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) team sets and leads the organization’s private sector and foundation partnership strategies to advance MSH’s health impact in developing nations through a diversified funding and partnership base. To achieve this objective, the team works closely with MSH’s public health experts and program leaders; the Chief Executive Officer and Leadership team; and the new business development, communications, and advocacy teams. The CFR unit is integral to fueling the organization’s capacity to ignite a new spirit of diversified partners and funding throughout the world. The team is the primary contact for Corporate and Foundation partners, and is accountable for managing relationships.
1. Conduct prospect research and plan appropriate approach strategies.
2. Develop, oversee and maintain and regularly update a calendar of proposals, report, and cultivation deadlines.
3. Maintain customer relationship management (CRM) database and records to current, prospective and past corporate and foundation partners. Develop and maintain partner profiles.
4. Track grant progress and achievements, submit reports to donors in a timely manner.
5. Support country and Center-based business development activities and preparations for new business. As required, provide direct support to development of field-based proposals.
6. Management of the concept paper and grant writing process:
a. Working with the Technical Strategic Lead (TSL), support development of a grant request or proposal including win strategy, partner strategy and cost strategy;
b. Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance of the proposals to the solicitation using compliance monitoring and review;
c. Support the grant team by identifying potential partners and defining their scopes of work and negotiations of pre-teaming and teaming agreements;
d. Assist the TSL in coordination with Cost Proposal Unit staff to develop best-value cost strategies and ensure a unified strategy in both technical and cost proposals;
e. Coordinate with Human Resource Management (HRM) Staff, Center Managers and Sr. Director of CFR to monitor recruitment efforts to meet staffing priorities;
f. Work with proposed partners to be sure that they provide their required information as needed to support the proposal;
g. Participate in, and/or lead, proposal writing as needed.
7. Foster, build and maintain MSH staff capacity in development of new or expanded business opportunities for MSH. Develop and build business development skills of BRD staff and staff from technical centers and field offices as required.
8. Report regularly to the Business Development Operations Group.
9. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required – Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Public Health (MPH) desirable
2. Minimum of 4 years of experience in the development of proposals/grant requests to foundations and corporations, preferably in international development or health, with a demonstrable track record of increasing responsibility and achievements over time
3. Proven grant writing experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A writing test, as well as submission of writing samples will be required.
4. Positive attitude and good sense of humor.
5. Excellent research, data analysis / synthesis, and presentation skills.
6. Highly organized and able to coordinate cross functional teams, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
7. Good interpersonal, group facilitation and motivation skills.
8. Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
9. Willingness to work overtime during proposal preparation
10. Demonstrated good judgment and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
11. Fluency in spoken and written English required.
12. Availability to travel up to 30 %.
How to apply:
Please go to our website www.msh.org and search employment opportunities, or to apply directly, go to http://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/4871/job
Management Sciences For Health 4301 Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA 22203-1634 Tel: (703) 248-1600
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system example business unit proposal
- How can make a inspector in indian crime branch
- pligg content management system conduct science experiment
- pligg content management system the proposal