Job Vacancies Management Project Funded Post, Cash Management Unit, Treasury Division, New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 21 March 2010
CASH MANAGER(MANAGEMENT PROJECT FUNDED POST), CASH MANAGEMENT UNIT, TREASURY DIVISION
Location : New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Application Deadline : 21-Mar-10
Type of Contract : FTA International
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected canditate is expected to start) 02-Aug-2010
Duration of Initial Contract : One Year
This is an external advertisement, but internal candidates applying for this position will be given priority consideration
UNDP operates a network of over 160 country offices, liaison offices and regional service centers, all of which use the same financial management system, which is an ERP PeopleSoft/Oracle. Each location has treasury functions and bank accounts for receipt of contributions and payment processing. Because the UNDP country office network provides banking services to the UN system at large, this unit is also responsible for ensuring timely prefunding for non-UNDP payments executed through country offices, as well as specialized services (e.g., UNESCO and UNJSPF).
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Specialist develops and promulgates cash management policies and procedures for country office banking operations. The Specialist also provides technical expertise related to service delivery arrangements.
Compliance oversight and monitoring with regard to UNDP Financial Regulations and Rules related to cash management policies, procedures and practices is a core requirement of the position. It includes, but is not limited to establishment of imprest levels, cheque fraud risk management, aspects of ICF compliance, level of cash balances, year-end certifications.
The Specialist is responsible for providing expert guidance on the procurement of local banking services for offices and the subsequent management of the relationship and service delivery. The Specialist is responsible for the identification and implementation of new banking products or solutions for specific business requirements, including enhancements to existing banking solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Primary responsibility for the development and interpretation of cash management policy and procedure for country offices consistent with the internal control framework and UNDP Financial Regulations and Rules.
* Provides subject matter expertise on cash and banking related matters to HQ units, Regional Bureaux and CO management;
* Provides professional advice and direction to HQ units and country offices on the application of financial regulations, rules and processes pertaining to the operation of bank accounts and banking relationships;
* Act as Treasury expert and provide guidance on procurement of banking services; handle emergency requirements from the field related to banks or bank account operation.
* Using corporate relationship with key banks, resolve local operating problems involving service delivery, fees, documentation, etc.
* Acts as focal point for the 3 partner agencies (UNDP, UNFPA & UNOPS) as well as with other UN agencies to resolve country office treasury related issues and provides innovative solutions to problems and issues that are unusual or complex.
* Manages the service clearing account for UN agencies and is accountable for the timely cash prefunding of non-UNDP payments made through the UNDP Country Office network.
* Maintains a close operational linkage with the rest of Treasury and OFA to promote proper implementation of UNDP financial policies and procedures applicable to treasury functions;
* Reviews the operational efficiency of banking systems and recommends improvements in systems and procedures to senior management; promptly and proactively designs and implements improvements in systems and procedures to address weaknesses identified;
* Manage liquidity for all offices; establish advance levels; ensure funding for offices with direct replenishment from Treasury; routinely analyze transaction activity for compliance with HQ guidelines; monitor political, economic and capital markets news for potential impacts on office operations;
* Ensures that efficient logistics for bank transfers, deposits and disbursements are operational, fully documented and securely managed particularly for office operating on a cash basis; liaise with UN Insurance on cash-in-transit arrangements;
* Manage monthly reporting process for approval and dissemination of monthly recommendations on UN Exchange Rates to UN Treasury; ensure valid and accurate exchange rates recommended within established deadlines; rates updated timely in Atlas Finance and HCM;
* Proposes and influences future developments in Atlas Finance functional requirements with specific emphasis on treasury and banking modules for improved business results, simplification of transaction and reporting processes;
* Provides special services for UNESCO for their coupon programme management and to UNJSPF for payments to retirees;
* Responsible for implementing and routinely testing disaster recovery and business continuity plans in conjunction with other Treasury Division units.
* Accountable for integrity, transparency and equity in the management of unit resources including Management of unit staff members and external contractors from recruitment to performance and career management, aimed at motivating and promoting organizational excellence;
* Development of unit annual performance targets. Collaborative planning, organization, distribution and delegation of work responsibilities amongst the team to ensure effective operations, accountabilities, system integrity and adequate controls and teamwork;
* Resource management by providing strategic and data inputs into Treasury’s budget preparation exercises and managing sub-allotments issued to unit and/or specific activities within the unit;
* Contract management including implementing procurement processes and providing oversight to contract implementation and approval of payments;
* Content management by ensuring (1) availability of prescriptive content within functional area and its dissemination; (2) best practices continuously identified, documented and made available to clients and peers; and (3) appropriate and up-to-date information and learning tools are available;
* Matrix management by ensuring product/results handovers and consultations between the partner agencies, central service units and the network of country offices are correctly planned, prepared and executed as well as effective and efficient management of partnerships with external partners and clients.
Knowledge Management & Learning
* Manages openly and proactively seeks technology developments and productivity improvements to continuously increase service levels;
* Builds, applies and shares internal and external knowledge in functional areas, promoting intra-team learning. Leverages web based functionalities for content management, information provision and learning;
* Assesses the continued relevance of policies and guidelines on treasury and cash management based on performance indicators (e.g. number of exceptions on certain policies) and proposes new and/or policy changes based on evolving needs and best practices;
Oversight & Compliance Management
* Manages “positive pay” daily validation and approval of exceptions on cheques issued by country office against those presented at the bank for payment;
* Develops and maintains appropriate oversight systems and mechanisms that will ensure compliance with the rules and regulations while ensuring transparency, consistency and accountability;
* Prepares briefing notes on country office performance on key treasury indicators for senior management and Bureau action.
* Demonstrates integrity and fairness – embodies UN values and promotes the well being of all individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, nationality or age;
* Focuses on impact and results for the client – promotes and lives by an ethic of client service, seeking to produce significant and positive impact;
* Manages projects proactively and effectively – consistently ensures timeliness and quality of project work carried out by the office;
* Promotes cross learning opportunities and encouraging knowledge sharing;
* Empowers staff to address their development needs and promotes an open atmosphere of mutual feedback and support.
* Knowledge of treasury and banking services, UN rules and regulations, processes and procedures to enhance accurate, timely and effective delivery of client services;
* Applies policies, standards, procedures and guidelines to enhance accurate, timely and effective delivery of client services while ensuring appropriate controls are in place;
* Focuses services and advice on accurate, timely and effective delivery of results;
* Leverages PeopleSoft/Oracle for improved business results, simplification or transactions and reporting processes and improved client services;
* Conceptual understanding of architecture, design, and working of advanced integrated management systems, preferably of PeopleSoft;
* Strong IT skills and good working knowledge of MS office packages;
* Sound knowledge of UNDP Financial Regulations and Rules and UNDP Finance/Treasury policies and procedures;
* Knowledge of Internal Public Sector Accounting Standards in view of the implementation/existence of these in UNDP;
* Exceptional financial management and analytical skills;
* Ability to lead planning and reporting;
* Expert knowledge of advanced concepts in treasury and cash management, banking functions/operations, source of innovation and effective hub in the above fields;
* Ability to manage projects where different actors are involved at different stages of the project until completed;
* Applies knowledge to support the unit/branch’s objectives and to further the mandate of UNDP;
* Expert knowledge of Business Workflow, Internal Control Framework, Exception Handling;
* Ability to draft prescriptive content for the organization;
* Familiarity with operations in a country office as well as the HQ environment;
* Ability to work effectively in an independent manner and as part of a team;
Leadership and Self-Management
* Focus on results and respond positively to feedback. Applies a broad knowledge of best management practices; defines objectives and work flows, positions reporting relationships in such a way as to obtain optimum effectiveness for the unit;
* Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
* Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexity;
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interaction skills are required. Typically this person will need the ability to communicate via email or phone to resolve issues;
* Strong personal initiative, analytical and problem solving skills;
* Strong time management, organization skills, client service skills, and conflict management skills
Required Skills and Experience
* An advanced (Master’s level) University degree in Finance, Business Administration or a relevant discipline is required.
* A professonal qualification (e.g., CTP) or accounting qualification from an international institute is highly desirable.
* A minimum of 7 years of professional and progressive work experience in treasury operations, or banking at the international level. Relevant experience should also include procurement and management of banking services as well as knowledge of ERP systems (preferably PeopleSoft/Oracle).
* Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is desirable for external candidates.
* Fluency in English with proficiency in other UN official language, in particular French or Spanish would be an asset.
Qualified and experienced women and nationals from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted on line and include UNDP Personal History Form (P11) posted at http://sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system political influence while starting a business in india
- cash management project
- pligg content management system high performance car insurance uk
- pligg content management system home personal finance insurance
- pligg content management system religion ethics
- service delivery management matrix (cash deposit on account)
- vacancies in integrated cash management system limited
- cash and treasury mgt policies
- pligg content management system finance magazine
- cash management unit