Job Vacancies Internews Network Inc.
Internews Network is an international media development organization based in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard.
Position: Program Associate – MENA/LAC
Closing Date: Friday, 17 December 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Washington, DC
Internews® Network is an international media development organization based in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard.
The Program Associate provides overall programmatic and administrative support for projects within MENA/LAC under the supervision of the MENA/LAC VP and in close coordination with the MENA/LAC Business Manager. The Program Associate will be expected to perform complicated administrative and substantive tasks requiring prior experience, education or training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Provides overall support to the PMU team on project management, including project start-up, implementation, monitoring, and close-out; tracking project budgets.
* Assists with fundraising/development, including research and drafting proposals.
* Maintain proposal and project activity tracking schedules, field reports, and follow-up communications with funders.
* Edit quarterly reports from the field and other documents for funders.
* Assist the Business Manager and VP with project oversight, focused on program implementation, but also including financial, budget, and compliance matters.
* Provide administrative support to the unit, including back-stopping Business Manager on grant/contract execution and day-to-day process/staff management.
* Develop and maintain up-to-date briefing and PR materials for active programs.
* Prepare and submit expense reports and vouchers
* Coordinate travel logistics, assist with visa applications, and arrange accommodations as requested.
* 1-3 years development project experience, including field experience, OR a relevant advanced degree.
* Strong analytical and writing ability.
* Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
* Experience with proposal writing.
* Experience with MS Excel and Word.
* Proven organization skills, with attention to detail.
* Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
* Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
* Relevant university degree.
* Experience with financial management and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations
* Experience with event planning and/or arranging logistics for project implementation abroad
* Ability to communicate in Arabic, French, and/or Spanish
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications should forward a cover letter and resume to 876-in(at) internews (dot) org (re-write in standard format), placing “PA – MENA – in” in the subject line. Please name your attached documents in the following format: “LastName_cv” and “LastName_cover”. EOE M/F/D/V
Reference Code: RW_8BB3WC-2
Incoming search terms for the article:
- internews salary
- internews salary schedules 2010
- ethiojos networks vacancies
- internews mena
- internews network vacancies
- internews project
- internews salary 2010
- internews salary or salaries or wage
- salaries at internews