Job Vacancies Internews Network
Position: Security Coordinator
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: Friday, 31 August 2012
Working closely with Internews security committee and field-based security implementers, the Security Coordinator will support and strengthen Internews corporate security program and protocols in terms of both physical security and digital security. He/She will coordinate communication and tracking of requests to Internewsers for data and participation in various aspects of Internews’ security program. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative experience, be technically savvy, and has experience in effective staff education concerning security issues. International work or extensive international travel experience, though not necessarily in security or development, is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Evaluate, and make recommendations for improvements upon security provider services and internal protocols
Improves overall organizational capacity in safety, security and crisis management
Maintains and further develops safety and security management systems and procedures
Builds relationships with local program staff and collaborates on security measures as appropriate.
Act as primary administrative liaison between Internews and corporate security provider (s)
Maintain data on security provider platform and HRIS
Coordinate acquisition of reports from security provider regarding program expansion or special requests
Provide administrative support to the Security Team: coordinates and attends meetings, take and distribute minutes
Provide weekly and quarterly update of incidents and issues to appropriate Security Team and/or executive team members
Track, document, and file security incidences and security protocols by location
Track movement of Internews staff worldwide
Monitor events at all Internews locations and communicate with staff as needed regarding emerging risks, risk mitigation, strategies, and resources.
Act as security contact for all Internews employees
Develop and coordinate physical and digital security training company-wide
Develop and Coordinate trip/assignment briefings and debriefings for Internewsers
Draft and provide regular updates of internal safety materials, plans, and policies
Monitor security standards for field offices
Liaise with local managers with safety responsibilities, ensuring all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities
Coordinate collection of security related information from the field offices: SAT phone testing, emergency contact updates, etc
At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in information management and policy administration.
Experience living and working outside the United States, especially within Internews programs footprint strongly preferred.
Experience working in a high risk humanitarian environment, preferably with an NGO or UN organization
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a flexible, dynamic environment;
Ability and willingness to travel, mainly to Internews operations overseas and to headquarters in Arcata, California.
Fluency in written and spoken English required; French, Arabic, or Russian language skills desirable.
Legally authorized to work in the United States
University degree; preferred Masters in International Relations, Political Sciences, Security or another relevant discipline.
Demonstrated experience with operational planning to include physical security project management and staff travel coordination/monitoring.
In depth knowledge of the development of security policies and procedures consistent with operations in a high risk environment– with a general understanding of threat mitigation and high risk operations
Ability to think under pressure and to make decisions fast as the situation requires
Excellent communication skills with an ability to deliver key messages in a succinct and timely manner
Knowledge of information security issues and best practices is a plus.
– Excellent skills in information collection and analysis procedures with a view to recognizing potential threats and dangers. An ability to exercise sound and strong management skills in times of crisis and emergencies.
Planning and organizing
– Excellent planning and organizational skills including the production of policy and procedure papers supporting corporate security. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage time effectively;
– Ability to provide instructions and communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing using technologies such as webinars and PPTs. A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
Judgment and Decision Making
– High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability. Demonstrates sound judgment and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities in security planning and information management skills.
– Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the project Security Section. Demonstrate an integrated approach and attitude through normal work activities and a thorough understanding of our client in the country of operation.
– High standard of computer literacy and an excellent knowledge of security information related liaison and analysis.
How to apply:
Please visit Internews’ website to apply:
Incoming search terms for the article:
- powered by SMF computer security ppt
- powered by SMF 2 0 data security policy
- powered by SMF california physical fitness test
- powered by SMF building a security team
- powered by SMF awareness computer security training
- powered by SMF 2 0 international computer security
- powered by SMF 2 0 free written internal computer security policy
- pligg content management system threats to computer security
- pligg content management system sound frequency
- pligg content management system disciplines of social sciences