Job Vacancies International Rescue Committee
Position: Nutrition Technical Advisor
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 August 2012
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Health programs represent the largest single sector within which IRC currently operates, constituting approximately 45 % of the international budget and with activities in 22 countries. Field-based health staff are supported by a headquarters Health Unit comprised of health professionals with many years of experience in humanitarian work. The Health Unit contributes to the effectiveness and comprehensiveness of IRC primary health care programs through technical support, staff development, and institutional learning. The Health Unit ensures quality programs by promoting self-reliance, participation, sustainability, equity, and human dignity. The Health Unit is committed to the development of the field of humanitarian assistance through advocacy, documentation of lessons learned and research.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Nutrition Technical Advisor is responsible for working collaboratively with health unit and field staff to ensure that nutrition interventions within IRC health and food security programs are effective, and fulfill adequate quality standards. The Nutrition Technical Advisor reports to the Senior Technical Advisor for Health Programs.
- Provide support to IRC nutrition programs in the field, including writing and reviewing proposals, designing assessments, and answering technical questions.
- Promote the integration of nutrition into IRC’s primary health care work, collaborating with the child health, reproductive health and environmental health teams
- Collaborate with colleagues from other sectors, particularly in the Economic Recovery and Development Unit, to support the integration of nutrition into food security programs and to identify new programming opportunities.
- Support the Emergency Preparedness and Response Unit in the development and implementation of emergency nutrition programs.
- Liaise with academia, non-profit government, and UN agencies.
- Represent IRC to relevant external forums
- Perform other tasks as negotiated with supervisor
- At least five years’ experience in the design and implementation of nutrition programs in developing countries, in both development and emergency contexts
- Experience integrating nutrition within primary care, environmental health, food security and programs in other sectors.
- Familiarity with current issues in the nutrition field.’
- Relevant masters degree or higher.
- French language skills an asset
- Ability to travel 30-50 % of the time.
How to apply:
Please apply at: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IRC&cws=1&rid=8236
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system food
- pligg content management system food safety
- pligg content management system new york state child support
- pligg content management system free tax help for seniors
- pligg content management system international business search
- Powered by Article Dashboard canada home improvement tax
- pligg content management system canadian government
- pligg content management system secretary of state
- pligg content management system canada tourist information
- pligg content management system work from home opportunities