Job Vacancies International Rescue Committee (IRC)
INGO/VOLAG working throughout the world and the US in humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees/asylees/IDPs
Position: Development Manager, Los Angeles, United States of America
Closing Date: Friday, 06 August 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Los Angeles
Scope of Work
The Development Manager is responsible for grant writing, donor reporting, fundraising, developing and maintaining strategic relationships with external partners, contract management, and oversight of volunteer and in-kind donation programs. The Development manager will play an essential role in expanding IRC programming in Los Angeles in the immediate and long term, and will be expected to lead management and other relevant staff on the program design and grants development team – focusing on the production of high quality proposals, localization of successful IRC projects from other US offices, and basic capacity building for all staff involved in program design.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Executive Director, developing an annual fundraising plan with specific and measurable goals and objectives for the development of restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Assessing and identifying local foundations, corporations, and other philanthropic institutions as potential funding sources. Developing and maintaining the appropriate relationships to maximize IRCs fundraising opportunities. Monitor possible federal, state, and city/county funding opportunities.
- Writing letters of inquiry, concept papers, and grant proposals to federal, state, and city/county government agencies as well as private foundations and corporate partners.
- Managing the full grant life cycle, including lead on the program design and grants development team, responding as per donor guidelines and IRC policy, grant opening, evaluation, and closing meetings, and compliant reporting.
- Regularly draft letters of inquiry and submit to possible new donors – foundation, corporate, and government.
- Cultivating new individual donors and ensuring appropriate donor stewardship.
- Identifying and soliciting sponsorship for IRC event and programs.
- Overseeing the production and use of marketing materials, as well as representing the IRC internally and externally as needed in the media and at related events.
- Managing volunteer and in-kind donation programs.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Community or Organizational Development, Technical Writing; or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in relevant area such as Marketing, Fundraising, International Affairs, Humanitarian Law, Refugee Services, Development, or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience, a significant portion of which should include: proposal writing, program management, fundraising, technical writing, and other resource development activities.
- Demonstrated record of successful development of grant proposals local and federal, as well as successful donor relations.
- Outstanding communications, organizational, leadership, multi-taking and team building skills with the proven ability to promote productivity and efficiency.
- Prior experience with the IRC or other major VOLAG, or INGO, in a domestic or overseas refugee or humanitarian assistance context a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment, with Arabic and/or Farsi language ability a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, experience with PIDI desired.
- Must have USA work authorization.
FLSA status: Exempt
How to apply
All interested applicants should apply at www.ircjobs.org
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Reference Code: RW_87CU65-97
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www ircjobs org
- irc ethiopia vacancy
- IRC Ethiopia Job Vacancy
- ircjobs org
- IRC job vacancies
- www childrenfundusa org
- www ircjobs org or
- humanitarian law jobs
- irc vacancy in ethiopia
- IRC vacancy