Job Vacancies International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD)
Position: HQ – Communications Intern
Closing Date: Friday, 29 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington, VA
Program / Department Description:
The IRD Communications and Legislative Affairs department is responsible for all IRD promotion and outreach, representing our work and our message to legislative audiences, media audiences, NGO community audiences, and the general public.
The Communications Intern is responsible for general legislative and administrative support for the Communications and Legislative Affairs office. The position will also provide specific programmatic support to communications activities as needed.
* Monitors congressional legislative activity, government agency information, and NGO community advocacy;
* Attends relevant hearings, events, and partner meetings;
* Researches specific appropriations and funding topics;
* Coordinates IRD event registration, exhibition schedule and booth materials; assists with event planning;
* Coordinates IRD’s DC event calendar;
* Assists with ongoing program content development and review;
* Manages promotional materials, printed materials, and information kit provisions;
* Coordinates subscriptions and periodical library;
* Manages communications contact database; assists with the continued development as needed;
* Coordinates with contracts vendor and consultant agreements;
* Coordinates finance requests, and assists with preparing departmental budget;
* Assists with other departmental requests as needed, including specific requests of the Director.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Undergraduate degree (BA) required, preferably in a communications-related discipline.
* Basic experience with administrative functions, such as Microsoft Office programs is required.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Strong writing skills preferred.
* Experience or work-related knowledge of international affairs preferred.
* Experience or work-related knowledge of U.S. government appropriations preferred.
How to apply
Apply online at our website:
International Relief and Development
1621 North Kent Street
Tel: (703) 248-0161
Reference Code: RW_88TAND-89
Incoming search terms for the article:
- IRD INTERN 2012
- international relief and development internship
- ird internship
- ird intern
- ird communications
- internship ird
- international relief and development intern
- relief and development internship
- interns needed for relief and development work
- LIBRARY VACANCIES IN ZIMBABWE APRIL 2011