Job Vacancies International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD)
Position: HQ – Senior Technical Officer, HIV/AIDS
Closing Date: Friday, 19 November 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington
Please note: This position is located in Washington, DC. Relocation and Visa Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
The Senior Technical Officer, HIV/AIDS will work with IRD’s health team to design and develop IRD’s HIV/AIDS portfolio. S/he will develop and implement new business strategies that will include helping to design new models in HIV/AIDS programming and developing strong donor relationships. S/he should have extensive knowledge of and management experience inHIV/AIDS programming. S/he should have in-depth knowledge of and a proven track record of working successfully with major governmental funding sources such as USAID as well as private foundations and other donors.
* Build IRD’s funding portfolio for HIV/AIDS and assist in identifying potential funding sources for health including USAID, the World Bank, multilaterals, foundations and private donors.
* Design new HIV/AIDS programs and articulate the concepts clearly in written proposals.
* Provide on-going technical assistance and guidance on the development and implementation of IRD’s HIV/AIDS programs.
* Work with program officers and managers in the field to ensure proper program implementation, including tracking progress, evaluating, and documenting outcomes.
* Represent IRD in selected US and international public health meetings, conferences and other gatherings; disseminate IRD’s program results and share lessons learned as appropriate.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Master’s in Public Health
* Must have at least 7 years experience working on HIV/AIDS issues in Asia or Africa.
* Experience in various technical areas in HIV/AIDS of strategic relevance to IRD. Understanding of M&E and programming needs for PEPFAR and PMI initiatives a plus.
* Experience managing international donor funded programs, including work plan development, budget development and tracking, staff supervision, and monitoring and evaluation. Preference for experience working on USAID funded programs.
* Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Willingness to travel internationally up to 30% of time.
* Must be willing to travel in conflict or post conflict zones.
IRD is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer
How to apply
Apply online at our website:
International Relief and Development
1621 North Kent Street
Tel: (703) 248-0161
Reference Code: RW_89GBRH-86
Incoming search terms for the article:
- IRD zimbabwe
- ird vacancies in zimbabwe
- ird zimbabwe vacancies
- ird in zimbabwe
- IRD Zimbabwe 2010
- ird zimbabwe job vacancies
- IRD zimbabwe job vacancies 2012
- job vacancies in Asia for HIV/AIDS
- Job: Senior Technical Officer HIV/AIDS - International Relief and Development
- MAsters in international relief monitoring