Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington, VA 22209 US
International Relief & Development (IRD) is a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization which focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. IRD specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. The organization accomplishes its mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups.
- IRD was founded by Dr. Arthur B. Keys, Jr. in 1998.
- IRD provides more than $400 million annually in development and humanitarian assistance to Africa, Asia, the Balkans, Latin America, the Middle East and the Newly Independent States.
- Since 1998, IRD has provided over a billion dollars in humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations around the world.
- Each year IRD distributes more than $100 million in in-kind contributions to those in need around the world.
- Currently IRD is implementing or developing assistance programs in more than 30 countries.
- IRD provides cost-effective relief and development programs in six core sectors (Economic Development, Public Health, Sustainable Food and Agriculture Systems, Infrastructure, Community Stabilization, Democracy, Governance and Community Development and Relief/Rapid Response) and Special Projects.
In coordination with the HR Director and, where appropriate, in collaboration with the other departments, the Associate HR Director is responsible for full employment cycle and follow-up of HQ and expatriate employees. The Associate HR Director will implement employee guidelines, benefits, office organization and HR procedures.
Further, the Associate HR Director will develop and implements HR policy in collaboration with HR and Recruitment team. The Associate HR Director will report to the HR Director and work in partnership with Chief of Administration. This position will serve as HR manager and liaison between HQ and Country Offices.
- Support regional programs and projects by providing strategic HR guidance and driving HR practices (e.g., HR review process, coaching/development,
- Collaborate with divisional and HR partners (Staffing, Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Employment Relations, Training) to identify strategies to meet short and long-term HR needs in the region and provide ongoing feedback regarding HR processes.
- Recommend, manage and conduct training on topics ranging from HR policies and procedures to professional and leadership skill development.
- Identify staff development opportunities and help leaders create development opportunities for their staff.
- Ensure that personnel files are maintained and copied to headquarters including contracts, job descriptions, performance evaluations and exit interviews.
- Recommend best practices to create opportunities for information flow between headquarters and field offices and inter-country information sharing.
- Collaborate with Country Directors and designated in-country representatives to ensure that HR systems, including policies and procedures are developed, continuously monitored and updated, and are compliant with local laws and in line with HQ standards.
- Develop compensation programs and strategies that allow country offices to attract and retain the best talent.
- Recommend and manage/lead training, as well as identify staff development opportunities.
- Ensure that personnel files are maintained and appropriately copied to HQ including contracts, job descriptions, and performance evaluations.
- Recommend best practices to create opportunities for information flow between HQ and country offices, as well as look for opportunities for inter-country information sharing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years progressive experience in Human Resources, with 5 of those years spent in a senior supervisory role with an international organization, ideally one involved with humanitarian affairs.
- 10+ years of experience focused on staff development and employee relations, policies and procedures, international labor laws and compensation; with at least five of those years experience in international human resource management
- 3 + years of overseas experience with a Relief Organization or similar entity.
- 5+ years of experience with resolving employee relations situations and legal issues relevant to employment in country office regions
- Bachelors Degree in HR, business or related field
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in international human resource management
- Experience resolving employee relations situations and legal issues relevant to employment in field offices
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, while serving multiple constituencies and moving initiatives forward
- Strong interpersonal, organizational planning and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures relevant to global Human Resources Management
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and developing personnel policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to develop recommendations and effectively plan, direct and evaluate the work of others.
- Desire and ability to frequently travel to field offices, if needed.
- Desire and ability to frequently travel to country offices
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, planning and analytical skills are essential
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures relevant to global Human Resources Management is required
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and developing personnel policies and procedures is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sound recommendations and effectively plan, direct and evaluate the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex and sensitive material and report on it cogently
- Experience with appropriate HR networks and organizations.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others; role requires serving multiple constituencies and moving initiatives forward
Apply online at our website:
Incoming search terms for the article:
- employee ethiopia
- employ ethiopia
- employee ethiopia vacancy
- employethiopia vacancies
- ethio employee
- employeeEthiopia com
- employee ethiopia com
- employethiopia vacancy