Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington, VA 22209 US
HQ – Contracts and Grants Specialist (2010166)
International Relief & Development (IRD) is a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization which focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. IRD specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. The organization accomplishes its mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups.
Program / Department Description:
Compliance is essential to IRD’s accountability to our private sector and Government clients. Compliance audits provide and independent, objective, nonpartisan assessment of the stewardship, performance, or cost of IRD’s policies, programs, or operations, depending upon the type and scope of the audit.
In line with best practices and in keeping with prime contract, subcontract, applicable USAID regulations, OMB Circulars 122, 133 and 22 CFR 226 the Compliance Program seeks to (a) prevent, detect, and correct violations of law, regulations, IRD policy and procedures; (b) assure the establishment of compliance-related policies and procedures for project operations; (c) assure training and other programs designed to educate project employees regarding applicable policies, procedures and standards; (d) implement a mechanism to evaluate the effectiveness of essential elements of the Compliance Program; 9e0 provide timely internal reporting for questionable or inappropriate avtivities to enable timely investigation and resolution; and (f) assure appropriate corrective action is taken to prevent recurrence of misconduct.
Oversees all aspects of procurement process for goods and services including cost estimates, developming RFPs/RFQs, evaluation of cost/price, drafting subcontracts, compliance, documentation and performing close-out in accordance with IRD procedures set out in the Procurement Manual and Relevant process flow charts.
- Assists in drafting vendor contracts and purchase orders.
- Establishes and maintains communication with vendors (subcontractors) to ensure smooth administration of sub instruments.
- Reviews vendor (subcontractor) invoices for compliance with sub-agreement/contract terms and conditions.
- Maintains Contracts & Grants General Database and Subcontractor Database.
- Assits Contracts & Grants Specialists as required.
- Liaises with technical teams as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is required.
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years of experience in USAID contract and financial assistance award administration with one or more major contractors and/or NGOs.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of OBM 122, 133 and 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228.
- Experience with FAR and AIDAR Supplement
- Prior experience with an ability to follow all aspects of procurement process for goods and services under USAID prime assistance instruments including cost estimates, developing RFPs/RFQs, evaluation of cost/price, drafting subcontracts, compliance, documentation and performing close-out.
- Strong communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate team members
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Apply online at our website:
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Vacancies in the justice support programme in sierra leone
- international relief administrators incorporated
- ird vacancy
- International relief vacancies
- relief vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard cfr part
- challenges to subcontract evaluations
- ird job vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard supplier performance evaluation
- Program / Department Description: IRD