Job Vacancies International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD)
Position: HQ – Director, Training
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington, VA
The Director, Training will provide strategic and tactical direction in all areas of training and development to build a world class learning organization within IRD.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, communication and administration of this function. The goal is to create a learning environment and ensure the professional development of all staff both domestic and international and to ensure training meets all of IRD’s compliance requirements. It is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a learning management system (LMS).
The Director, Training will build the instructional design infrastructure to support this function. He/She will collaborate with business and program units and senior management to create, design and execute learning and development programs to meet IRD’s business goals.
* Design, deliver and facilitate training and development for all levels of employees. Design, develop and evaluate learning objectives and instructional strategies. Translate business needs into deliverable action plans, taking accountability for plan delivery.
* Design and implement highly effective, results driven short and long term strategies that promote continuous learning across all business and programmatic sectors.
* Strategically align training and development programs with IRD’s organizational and compliance objectives and to meet employees’ personal goals and growth.
* Develop curriculum to support IRD’s strategic objectives and the growth and development of employees and management.
* Recommend, design, develop and implement the best methodologies for training delivery (E.g., stand up, web-based/on-line, multimedia and written materials). Apply strong familiarity in graphic design and multimedia (video, etc) to maximize effectiveness of materials.
* Conduct needs assessments to identify and diagnose gaps in learning. Recommend solutions and interventions to achieve desired level of capability throughout the organization.
* Conduct or coordinate professional designation and industry training courses, including Continuing Education courses.
* Identifies performance metrics and uses performance metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of technical learning solutions. Plan and conduct evaluation of training results and effectiveness with action plans to address areas of opportunity.
* Ensure that curriculum, processes, and practices are well documented and communicated.
* Work with senior managers to devise creative and impactful ways to deliver development content.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in related field.
* 10+ years in a corporate technical learning function; 5+ years in a management capacity.
* Excellent communication skills in particular strong presentation and facilitation skills.
* Experience conducting needs assessments and organizational surveys.
* Ability to build credibility at all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated capability to manage own performance effectively, planning and organizing own time and priorities to achieve business results without substantial supervision.
* Knowledge of international NGO and industry trends and field management best practices gained through working in similar international organization.
* Knowledge of learning and development trends and best practices.
* Ability to understand and apply technology and company software to the training situation.
* Knowledge of international compliance regulations and policies.
* Strong project and time management skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Advanced degree preferred.
* Problem-solving, leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills, and the ability to develop relationships, partnerships, and work collaboratively.
* Is flexible, creative and can execute on ideas.
* Produces results; directs action toward achieving key business goals that are critical to IRD’s success.
IRD is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How to apply
Apply online at our website:
International Relief and Development
1621 North Kent Street
Tel: (703) 248-0161
Reference Code: RW_88ND36-72
Incoming search terms for the article:
- www webrelief com
- webrelief com
- web relief vacancies
- webrelief vacancies
- webrelief org
- WEBRELIEF JOBS
- www webrelief int
- www webrelief
- web relief vacancy