Job Vacancies International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD)
Position: HQ – Compliance Officer
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – Arlington, VA
* Identify all regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with USG, UN, and other donor funding;
* Assist in the development and implementation of processes and procedures to ensure consistent compliance with USAID and other donor requirements;
* Develop and implement compliance monitoring and evaluation procedures for sub-recipients;
* Organize and maintain IRD’s system for establishing and disseminating approved policies and procedures;
* Provide technical assistance to projects to identify compliance requirements and risks associated with new and existing projects;
* Define and map the full scope of ongoing compliance activities that must routinely be undertaken by IRD, including the appropriate division and allocation of responsibilities across all units and departments;
* Develop and maintain tracking systems on compliance issues;
* Assist in the management and resolution of issues identified in internal audits
* Assist, as needed, in the preparation and submission of compliance-related matters, including handling and documenting compliance-related inquiries, disclosure letters, and reports;
* Ensure appropriate processes and documentation for project-related procurement;
* Work with other IRD operating units to develop and implement systems that track information on grants compliance and assist in the management of record-keeping systems (electronic and physical files);
* Provide resources and information on compliance requirements. Prepare and make formal presentations, as needed, for internal and external audiences.
* Conduct onsite reviews, desk audits, and spot checks to determine project compliance.
* Other duties as needed to successfully implement and manage compliance.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Business Law, or related field with 10 years progressive work experience with US government compliance issues.
* Knowledge of Federal agency policies and regulations, OMB Circulars, and related administrative guidelines and requirements associated with funding from USAID.
* Ability to work and live under difficult conditions
* Basic-level skills using MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Proven management experience in a multi-cultural setting preferred.
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to think creatively and propose solutions to problems
IRD is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How to apply
Apply online at our website:
International Relief and Development
1621 North Kent Street
Tel: (703) 248-0161
Reference Code: RW_88ND28-89
Incoming search terms for the article:
- ird job vacancy in Ethiopia
- pligg content management system album
- social impact (si) is an arlington va-based international development consulting firm
- mongolia vacancy 2011 august
- real american fulfilment
- Real American Fulfillment inc
- real american fulfillment
- Problems International Relief and Deelopment Inc
- pligg content management system va regional offices geographical map
- pligg content management system international business career